Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

owlcountry40 said

I laughed at this tweet.You truly don't know how a coach will work out somewhere, so don't you even know that FIU,UM,USF got it right.

You have one coach who hasn't  won in college football since 2000 and he was an FSU kick away from losing two games with maybe the most talented team in college football history.
An underachieving SEC coach who I know it's only his 1st year and he won 8 games but Miami lost its 4 most important games of the season which is UGA football in a nutshell the last 15 years. We are talking about a coach that lost 4 games with Stafford, AJ, and Moreno.
 And finally a coach that couldn't win at Texas.
So who ever runs this account can kick rocks.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 8:58 AM #363692

Do you know how off base this is?  One, Butch coached at UNC from 2007-2010.  Two, Richt's big sin was losing to Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. Three, Charlie faced resistance in Texas from day one, are you just going to ignore his work at Louisville?
Back to the top

I'd take Kiffin in a second, but seriously doubt that is even remotely possible. The lack of concrete developments except for Scott is interesting.
Back to the top

Source: Florida Atlantic in talks with Lane Kiffin to become head coach

http://footballscoop.com/news/fau-in-talks-with-lane-kiffin/

Wow…well this is an interesting turn of events!  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

footballscoop.com/news/fau-in-ta…

Wow…
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 5:27 PM #363775

If President Kelly opened the piggy bank for this one…holy s–t.

If he stayed for just 3 years and built a decent program out of FAU….
Back to the top

Think about this way , if we get Lane Kiffin and he turns FAU into a powerhouse he can pretty much write his own much bigger check somewhere else then turn it over to one of his OC's
Back to the top

voss749 said

Think about this way , if we get Lane Kiffin and he turns FAU into a powerhouse he can pretty much write his own much bigger check somewhere else then turn it over to one of his OC's
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 6:07 PM #363780

Exactly.  I mean, I'd hate to have to replace the coach after a couple of years, but that is so much better than the past 8 years.  Look what just 1 season of Petrino did for WKU.  He led to Brohm, who, despite now moving on, has them in 3 bowls in a row and has won the conference the past 2 seasons.  Sign me up for that please…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

http://footballscoop.com/news/fau-in-talks-with-lane-kiffin/

Wow…well this is an interesting turn of events!
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 5:27 PM #363775

Does this mean Les Miles will be our Defensive Coordinator?

Back to the top

d-owl said

I'd take Kiffin in a second, but seriously doubt that is even remotely possible. The lack of concrete developments except for Scott is interesting.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 4:56 PM #363773

I would gladly take being mistaken on this point.

Back to the top

From Tim Reynolds of the AP:

‏@ByTimReynolds
Can confirm reports out there. Two sources tell AP that FAU is pursuing Lane Kiffin to become the Owls' next football coach.
Back to the top

"Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin is being pursued by Florida Atlantic to become the Owls' next head coach, two people with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Friday night.

Kiffin and the Owls have had dialogue, said both people, who spoke on condition of anonymity because neither side has spoken publicly about the matter."

AP Sources: FAU Pursuing Lane Kiffin to Coach - ABC News
Back to the top
Control functions: