Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

^^second part of that quote is important as it points out the dialogue is not one sided
Back to the top

@BruceFeldmanCFB  
Wouldn't be shocked if Lane Kiffin went for #FAU now. It is a heavy lift but it's a cool place to live & there is lots of talent to recruit.

Back to the top

d-owl said

@BruceFeldmanCFB  
Wouldn't be shocked if Lane Kiffin went for #FAU now. It is a heavy lift but it's a cool place to live & there is lots of talent to recruit.

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 6:59 PM #363802

Well think about it if kiffin were to take FAU to a C-USA championship or heaven forbid a top 25 ranking he could write his own check at his next job.

Back to the top

I think it's a great place for Kiffin - talent, facilities, easy conference, and a springboard to a blue chip program.

Plus, Bama is done with him. There's not talk of extension, no talk of the future, barely even discussing whether or not he'll coach through the playoffs. Bama is tired of his fun and gun offense while he ignores a stable of 5-star running backs.

And more, this is a huge splash hire for FAU, and who would want to play for Butch Davis over Kiff?
Back to the top

Plus, he wants to be a HC again, and is getting passed up by Houston and USF. He's really not a fit for Temple, and probably not WKU either.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

I think it's a great place for Kiffin - talent, facilities, easy conference, and a springboard to a blue chip program.

Plus, Bama is done with him. There's not talk of extension, no talk of the future, barely even discussing whether or not he'll coach through the playoffs. Bama is tired of his fun and gun offense while he ignores a stable of 5-star running backs.

And more, this is a huge splash hire for FAU, and who would want to play for Butch Davis over Kiff?
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 7:48 PM #363807

I don't think Alabama is done with Lane its way more done with them.
As you could Imagine Nick would be tough to work with for a long period of time.
Also Boca is a very "Joey Freshwater"  type town.
Lane bolted from UT to USC he is the type of guy that likes the beaches, women and ritz of these towns.
Back to the top

I don't know much about Kiffin. A friend of mine said he's full of himself but he'll get FAU the wins it so desperately wants *shrug*
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

David Slavic said

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 7:48 PM #363807

I don't think Alabama is done with Lane its way more done with them.
As you could Imagine Nick would be tough to work with for a long period of time.
Also Boca is a very "Joey Freshwater"  type town.
Lane bolted from UT to USC he is the type of guy that likes the beaches, women and ritz of these towns.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 8:04 PM #363811

The fans at least are tired of him, and Saban has Sarkisian on deck to take over.
Back to the top

Why are the fans tired of him? They're the top team in the country?
Back to the top

The fans are tired of his offense scoring a bunch of points and almost never losing games?
Back to the top
Control functions: