Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

That's what I was thinking… salaries
Back to the top

Has anyone seen the similarity of the rumors about kiffin and Pellini. It's scary both were coming off a divorce , allegations of sleeping with a booster wife and more womanizing kiffin has a lot of characters issues on and off the field and for a school like ours do we even need to go down this road why aren't we going all in on Miles. Giys we we need a new AD before we will ever get the right coach 
Back to the top

I understand the issues with Kiffin -- and there appear to be many. But if you can get him, you just suck it up and do it. He is an offensive guru and will put FAU in the national spotlight from day one. You will see a lot of those empty seats filled and recruiting (for C-USA standards) will go through the roof if he can stick around for over a year. Just have to take the chance here. High risk - high reward IMO.
Back to the top

nickfaufam said

Has anyone seen the similarity of the rumors about kiffin and Pellini. It's scary both were coming off a divorce , allegations of sleeping with a booster wife and more womanizing kiffin has a lot of characters issues on and off the field and for a school like ours do we even need to go down this road why aren't we going all in on Miles. Giys we we need a new AD before we will ever get the right coach 
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 10:07 AM #363892

Kiffin and Miles are in completely different situations.  Miles is 63 and doesn't need to take this (or any) job to try and get another big time coaching gig.     I certainly would love to hire Miles, but I can't see why he would come here, especially at a severe discount (he was making over $4 million a year at LSU…and got a $10 million buyout).  Kiffin needs to prove he can lead a winning program if he ever hopes to land a top Power 5 job.  
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 10:03 AM #363890

I think we are willing to pay him close to the $1.5m he is currently earning.  I am willing to bet we are trying to protect ourselves with a HUGE buyout…and he doesn't want that.

I agree with hiring him with where we are as a program.  But make no mistake he will be in and out of here as quickly as he can.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 10:03 AM #363890

I think we are willing to pay him close to the $1.5m he is currently earning.  I am willing to bet we are trying to protect ourselves with a HUGE buyout…and he doesn't want that.

I agree with hiring him with where we are as a program.  But make no mistake he will be in and out of here as quickly as he can.
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 10:25 AM #363898

Agreed 100% – this would not be a long term thing. The most realistic max time I think you could get is 2-3 years. That still may be worth it if we can have a very quick turnaround next year. I guess reading the tea leaves though, I just hope to be pleasantly surprised. But I'm not holding my breath on him this weekend.
Back to the top

Fau fans,, miles wanted the job. Les met with president and biggest donor
les wanted this to be his last stop didn't care about his $ just wanted $ for assists as he had more money coming from lsu
Chun and one trustee told him they were going a different direction
our AD is a loser.
They had miles and told him no
Back to the top

Nickfaufam said

Fau fans,, miles wanted the job. Les met with president and biggest donor
les wanted this to be his last stop didn't care about his $ just wanted $ for assists as he had more money coming from lsu
Chun and one trustee told him they were going a different direction
our AD is a loser.
They had miles and told him no
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 10:53 AM #363902

Can provide any proof of this?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Kelly, our largest donor, one trustee and Chun flew to NYC to meet
ill leave it at that.   It was either on donor or trustee plane Let them deny that
and that's all I'm saying

100% true

chun gotta go😊
Back to the top

Nickfaufan (Guest) said

Kelly, our largest donor, one trustee and Chun flew to NYC to meet
ill leave it at that.   It was either on donor or trustee plane Let them deny that
and that's all I'm saying

100% true

chun gotta go😊
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 11:11 AM #363906

Why would they all get on a plane and fly to ny to tell him they are going a different direction, that doesn't make sense.

I'm not trying to argue with you but it just doesn't add up.  I am not a Chun fan either btw.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: