Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

For the record
im a long time fan , used to go  to Lockhart, got to see us beat Minnesota, almost beating  #2  USF
going to new orleans bowl. Season tickets to that horrible year one at that beautiful stadium
rusty smith, Cortez gent, Franz  Joseph , lestar Jean, then Alfred etc
But ive  been gone since Pellini and would like to come back to the fold.
Lets get the ship right on football and it ain't happening with Chun
so say what you want but I speak the truth regarding Miles

ps take a look at the picks of a real AD at a small fbs school that wins every year
AD Terry Mohajir - (our former ADA)last 4 picks and every year a bowl game
hugh freeze, Gus Malzhan, Brian Harsin and Blake Anderson
And we get Charlie partridge and pass on Miles
Just a frustrated fan
Back to the top

Nickfaufan (Guest) said

ps take a look at the picks of a real AD at a small fbs school that wins every year
AD Terry Mohajir - (our former ADA)last 4 picks and every year a bowl game
hugh freeze, Gus Malzhan, Brian Harsin and Blake Anderson
And we get Charlie partridge…
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 12:22 PM #363956

:Yawn:

Back to the top

I bet Kiffin was all a leverage move for LSU. Probably had no intention to come here – I know I was shocked at the reports last night. If what is said about Miles is correct, that is disturbing. However, assuming we are out on Kiffin (and I assume we are), there should be no reason we can't reopen that dialogue unless our AD really burned that bridge (which to me would be a very fireable offense).
Back to the top

Nickfaufan (Guest) said

Just a comment regarding why les was passed.
Pres and donor are not football guys. they liked les but
im guessing Chun said he had a bigger fish come into the picture   Lane Kiffin
thats why.
Until AD is gone they will rely on him , unfortunately for us fans they don't know Chun is a buffoon
but it's not going to be pretty if he doesn't get kiffin and les was passed on
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 11:57 AM #363940

Kelly comes from Clemson and understands as well as values the importance of football to grow a university. Our biggest donor put 8 digits towards an indoor practice facility for the team. Don't come on here and spread rumors then back it up with complete falsities. 

I somewhat believed this until you said the president and donor are not football people.

Whatever happens, this is getting way too late. Need a coach to recruit or whoever comes in will be set up for failure from the get to go.

I'm going to believe in Chun until this process is over. 
Back to the top

I said the truth
Ask Kelly and Schmidt and mulbraey and chun of they do not go to NYC last week on a private plane
It is 100% the truth 
So believe in chun it's your right but I'm telling Ot like it is 
Back to the top

I know everyone wants insider information but I personally don't believe that story. 

I was hopeful about Kiffin. From what I hear, he definitely get us the wins that we want.

I don't know why we're so hung up on a buyout because if he can get us to two straight bowls and leaves in year two or three, I'm okay with that because it leaves us in a much better position for the next guy.

Realistically, this is what is going to happen to us because of what we offer from a salary and Conference standpoint. We will always be in a position where if we have a great coach getting a 9, 10, 11 wins a year he is going to get snapped up by somebody else from a bigger conference with more money.

And if we have a coach who only gets us five or six wins a year, we may hang on to him but for what reason? Nobody is in college football to only win five or six games a year.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I know everyone wants insider information but I personally don't believe that story. 

I was hopeful about Kiffin. From what I hear, he definitely get us the wins that we want.

I don't know why we're so hung up on a buyout because if he can get us to two straight bowls and leaves in year two or three, I'm okay with that because it leaves us in a much better position for the next guy.

Realistically, this is what is going to happen to us because of what we offer from a salary and Conference standpoint. We will always be in a position where if we have a great coach getting a 9, 10, 11 wins a year he is going to get snapped up by somebody else from a bigger conference with more money.

And if we have a coach who only gets us five or six wins a year, we may hang on to him but for what reason? Nobody is in college football to only win five or six games a year.
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 1:17 PM #363971

100%. Our goal is really to become the school that lets HCs win a bunch of games and get hired by bigger schools. We need to attract the hottest up-and-coming coming coaches, the way Houston is. After that, we can try to move into a better conference, and later on become a destination school that coaches want to come to coach for as a career job. Oregon has really just recently hit that stage, after being anonymous for so long. TCU and Baylor are kind of getting there. It takes decades though to do this, not one single coach. Right now we need wins.
Back to the top

The Les story is true.

Between this and blowing it with Lane I am so mad I can't see straight.

I hate the idea of demanding a huge "buyout" and giving up national exposure, ticket sales, and the OC in the country for when he leaves (which would after winning for a couple years).

This will all be ironic when we have to buyout another contract.
Back to the top

I spoke to one of my USC friends who have been a fan since his school days many years ago.  He said Kiffins offense was predictable and he carried around a play card which they mocked him for as his Ihop menu.  Personally I don't care for the guy, he is a liar, a rat and if he was soo good he would still be at his prior jobs.  His offense works at Alabama because they have the best of the best period.  Yes did he use us as leverage, maybe…but we did the same too, our names were on many national publications which is good. He was never going to come here, he at best is a coordinator.  I think the idea of  hiring an offense coach is losing sight of who the best fit or best coach on the table is now. There is no Baylor like coordinator out there right now, so we need a person that can win games that's most qualified.  Even if Les came here his name alone would garner us recognition nationally, and if he succeeds it will be in the best interest of the program. It then becomes a win win on both sides. If we drop the ball on this one we may be in for some trouble.
Back to the top

If we drop the ball, which I mostly expect us to do, we will be in for trouble. All of Kiffin's HC jobs were at high profile programs like the NFL, USC, and UT. Most of the successful coach in college spend time at smaller schools learning how to be a HC before tackling the pressure of a major program. Look at the guys who went straight from coordinator to HC at a major program - Will Muschamp, Kirby Smart are two good examples, who never learned how to run a program first. I can think of really one example of a current coach who went straight from coordinator to HC at a major program with success - Jimbo Fisher. That's why I think FAU is a good fit for Kiffin, and that we should pursue him, knowing that he'll be gone in two years.

His offense IS predictable, which is why they want him gone at Bama, but I think he'd be able to help get our program together pretty well.

As of now we have Tubs sending in his resume, I guess, then a collection of position coaches who might want to run a program for kicks.
Back to the top
Control functions: