Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

fauowls44 said

Rick said

Scott Jackson (2) said

Is it rediculous to think that could've been his mindset? 
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 2:15 PM #363994

Only if it was diculous before…

Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 2:32 PM #364011

Haha
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 2:34 PM #364016

People come on here spelling like they just got off a meth binder and a night of partying with Carl Pelini and I get busted for sharing the same inability to spell "ridiculous" as the president elect 😒. But touché good sir
Back to the top

Scott Jackson (2) said

People come on here spelling like they just got off a meth binder and a night of partying with Carl Pelini and I get busted for sharing the same inability to spell "ridiculous"…
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 2:46 PM #364019

:Laughing:

You are head and shoulders above them all!

Back to the top

I have posted both of these names in different comments previously, but somebody should be calling both Lincoln Riley and Geoff Collins.  Riley would be the offensive splash everybody wants and if he is going to wait it out for something better Geoff Collins would certainly help the defense and be a good recruiter in the state of Florida.  I think both make around $900k currently as coordinators at Oklahoma and UF respectively.

I am just a guest, with a daughter who will be an Owl next year, but I find it hard to believe the Miles story.  Out of the blue the Kiffin story was on the AP, ESPN, etc., but there has been no peep of news on Miles at any outlets I can find other than this board.  My guess is finding a really good P5 coordinator who can recruit Florida and be around for 3 or 4 years is going to end up being the path for FAU (and a pretty good one if you landed either of these guys in my opinion).
Back to the top

I believe we can get into the American, and I see super conferences happening sooner than later. The ACC is a dream, but years of losses and an empty stadium will be to blame.  We need to be the Boise St. of the east.  We need to beat Power 5 teams, dominate our conference, then we need to get ranked.  UCF is primed for this , but I don't think they have the edge we do.  Our stadium is beautiful, its unique its not a bunch of metal and flat like there's is.  We are getting guys drafted and that is super huge.  we can say hey you will play and get drafted in the process. I blame angelos for setting us back almost 15 years.  Some people don't even know FAU.  He failed us miserably, but besides him and his failures we need to make sure this AD does not make another mistake that can drive us back to the FCS ranks.   
Back to the top

FutureOwlDad said

I have posted both of these names in different comments previously, but somebody should be calling both Lincoln Riley and Geoff Collins.  Riley would be the offensive splash everybody wants and if he is going to wait it out for something better Geoff Collins would certainly help the defense and be a good recruiter in the state of Florida.  I think both make around $900k currently as coordinators at Oklahoma and UF respectively.

I am just a guest, with a daughter who will be an Owl next year, but I find it hard to believe the Miles story.  Out of the blue the Kiffin story was on the AP, ESPN, etc., but there has been no peep of news on Miles at any outlets I can find other than this board.  My guess is finding a really good P5 coordinator who can recruit Florida and be around for 3 or 4 years is going to end up being the path for FAU (and a pretty good one if you landed either of these guys in my opinion).
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 2:52 PM #364024

I don't write off les miles having been talked to considering over the last few coaching searches I can count on one hand the amount of leaks during the interview process. But I'd be fine with Geoff Collins or Lincoln Riley. I think my hopes are just up about getting a big name. Can you imagine the viewership when we played FIU? Les Miles/Lane kiffin VS Butch Davis coaching two G5 teams in their rivalry game. 
Back to the top

Lincoln Riley was very briefly considered for the Houston job, but Houston quickly moved on. He hasn't been discussed for any other HC positions.
Back to the top

Scott Jackson (2) said

I don't write off les miles having been talked to considering over the last few coaching searches I can count on one hand the amount of leaks during the interview process. But I'd be fine with Geoff Collins or Lincoln Riley. I think my hopes are just up about getting a big name. Can you imagine the viewership when we played FIU? Les Miles/Lane kiffin VS Butch Davis coaching two G5 teams in their rivalry game.

Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 3:11 PM #364030
I assume you are taking about leaks in previous FAU interviews?  If so, I am not sure you guys have ever had the likes of Kiffin or Miles in your interview possibilities.  Along with Charlie Strong, those guys are the biggest names left in coaching circles.  People are watching their travel like hawks right now.  As for being in NYC this week, I would very much hope that with an open HC position that the FAU contingent was up there since the College Hall of Fame and the Heisman Trophy were taking place - no better and more centralized place in the world to be to see/speak with people in College Football right now.
Back to the top

At least we know now that Chun and Kelly are going after the big names and really willing to spend $$.  I expect most fans will be happy with who we end up with.
Back to the top

owl said

At least we know now that Chun and Kelly are going after the big names and really willing to spend $$.  I expect most fans will be happy with who we end up with.
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 3:23 PM #364038

If Chun has to explain who the next guy is and convince us why he's such a good pick like he did last time then no I don't believe a lot will be happy.  I was concerned about Chun being involved in another important coaching hire for our program, unfortunately we are depending on an AD that's still learning on the fly.  Hopefully Chun comes thru though and surprises us. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

owl said

Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 3:23 PM #364038

If Chun has to explain who the next guy is and convince us why he's such a good pick like he did last time then no I don't believe a lot will be happy.  I was concerned about Chun being involved in another important coaching hire for our program, unfortunately we are depending on an AD that's still learning on the fly.  Hopefully Chun comes thru though and surprises us. 
Posted On: Dec 10th 2016, 3:32 PM #364041

Would you prefer an AD that just goes after the no name candidates like several other schools have already done at our level. Based on the Kiffin rumors it is clear that Chun is motivated to make a big hire and has the backing to do so.  Not saying we won't have to settle for a lesser known candidate in the end but Chun is no idiot and his job is on the line. I have confidence he will make the best hire possible now more than ever.
Back to the top
Control functions: