Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3 Stars from Florida

Add topic

Unfortunately, these are 3 star recruits with verbal to OTHER CUSA teams right now;

Southern Miss
Woodlyson AlciusOLMaimi, FL6'4"300 5.512/13/16
MTSU
Raheme FullerDBLauderdale Lakes, FL6'3"180 5.610/28/16
Charlotte
Kameron DuncanRBOcala, FL5'10"190 5.611/27/16
Darnell RobinsonDBWest Palm Beach, FL5'10"175 5.59/5/16
FIU
Rishard DamesDBMiami, FL5'10"150 5.58/7/16
Richard DamesDBMiami, FL5'11"170 5.68/7/16
Brandon JamesLBMiami, FL6'3"180 5.78/2/16
Marshall
Janiero CrankfieldWRClearwater, FL6'0"170 5.66/17/16
WE are presently only ranked 6th in CUSA for the 2017 recruiting class and I am SURE this will change and hope this short list helps to bolster OUR recruiting class and HURT theirs!
Back to the top

Two months ago you were saying we only get scraps recruiting Florida and we need to focus on Georgia?  Very confusing you are!
Back to the top

FIU just landed another 3* DE. Love that we got Lane. Don't love that he is still working somewhere else. But I'll deal with it. I would rather have him then not have him.
Back to the top

Florida? said

Two months ago you were saying we only get scraps recruiting Florida and we need to focus on Georgia?  Very confusing you are!
Posted On: Dec 18th 2016, 11:46 AM #364949

I hope not, sorry.

Yes we need to get the BEST we can in Florida and get the rest from Georgia and out of state. We still lose far too many 3*'s to out of state Group of 5 schools, not even talking about Power 5! THE SHORT LIST ABOVE IS VERBAL COMMITS BY 3* FLORIDA PLAYERS TO CUSA TEAMS, NOT FAU! Presently we only have FIVE 3* verbals so more are PRESENTLY going elsewhere. And several of ours are out of state already so that makes it that much worse IMHO.

No more 2*'s (being recruited by no one any good or no one else period) or VERY FEW preferably . Especially with small recruiting classes (12-20).

Lane and staff will raise the bar once again I believe! Go Owls!!
Back to the top

We might be ranked 6th, but we the hightest average rating overall. Once more guys starting committing that should go up. 
Back to the top

I agree that we ideally shouldn't be fishing out of the two star pond anymore but coaches obviously evaluate these kids pretty thoroughly before offering them. I mean, I've seen UF offer two star kids in the past so there's obviously a difference in opinion about a kid's potential.

We are going to lose 3 stars out of state. Sometimes these kids just want to get away, to say nothing about what better facilities or fanbases or whatever.

And this recruiting class is kinda a wash because of the coaching change so close to NSD…. I say "kinda" because the majority of recruits have stuck with us and look like quality guys.
Back to the top
Control functions: