Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Everything You Could Want to Know About FAU Stadium

Add topic

Everything You Could Want to Know About FAU Stadium

Owl2Doc said

No matter how bad things get, I'm so far still optimistic that one day this stadium will be rocking and the investments will have been justified.

Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 10:55 PM #361908

As in the Miami game in 2015. I looked around at the 30,000 fans in the stands from right behind the bench and thought "This is the future. This is how this stadium will be in 10-15 yrs every Saturday" butaybe Kiff can get it started early. Say what you want about us So Fla fans being fickel but we do turn out for a winning team.
Back to the top

14Era said

How are they with cameras? I have a nikon dslr and would love to bring it in. The lens does come off but it isn't a big lens (less than 5 inches)
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 5:57 PM #365776

Back to the top

Camera and lens fine (I think)  but camera bag??? See above post. Really STUPID policy.

Also, no tripods allowed, found that out the hard way and had to take it back to car!

Being the INSPECT every incoming bag by hand what is the need of the clear "baggies"' as I call them. Really pathetic and a detriment to people attending the game with NO IDEA of this crap! Gotta pi__ people off and turn them off IMHO!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Owl2Doc said

No matter how bad things get, I'm so far still optimistic that one day this stadium will be rocking and the investments will have been justified.

Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 10:55 PM #361908
As in the Miami game in 2015. I looked around at the 30,000 fans in the stands from right behind the bench and thought "This is the future. This is how this stadium will be in 10-15 yrs every Saturday" butaybe Kiff can get it started early. Say what you want about us So Fla fans being fickel but we do turn out for a winning team.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 6:25 PM #365780
NOW IMAGINE WE WIN A GAME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30K HAPPY PEOPLE GOING HOME - not disappointed or thinking well, they did ok, they tried but…..
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Camera and lens fine (I think)  but camera bag???
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 9:03 PM #365782

Camera has to fit into the bag being brought in under the policy,  lens is fine. No separate bag for camera…

Back to the top

Yeah i have learned visiting stadiums now a camera bag is a no no. You risk damage to the camera but i have worn mine around my neck. I hope to get some amazing photos starting with the spring game!!!

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Hope you get some great shots, 14Era. It's a beautiful stadium and I think you'll be very happy there.

Feel free to share your shots with us!  :)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Hope you get some great shots, 14Era. It's a beautiful stadium and I think you'll be very happy there.

Feel free to share your shots with us!  :)
Posted On: Jan 17th 2017, 10:22 AM #365792

PLEASE! From one of the out-of-town Alums! I love to see ANY PICS POSTED!
Back to the top

Maybe this is in another thread. Now it's here too.

It's cabana seating. It's not an old idea. But it ain't new. It's a turn-over (touch-down!) chain (where I'd rather we have the meta-reception, photo-booth, where everyone's chains are the prop-curly-mustache).

It'll sell, I'd bet. But. I'm not saying we should install water-slides in either or both of the southern openings. Hell, maybe we should? I'd just like us to think of the next best thing, rather than use the in-shtick. My belly grumbled when I saw (2017, Spring Camp?), another team using twitter handles on their jersey-backs. It should'a been me. I could'a been a contender.

Florida Atlantic Seating A Shore Thing | VenuesNow
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Maybe this is in another thread. Now it's here too.

It's cabana seating. It's not an old idea. But it ain't new. It's a turn-over (touch-down!) chain (where I'd rather we have the meta-reception, photo-booth, where everyone's chains are the prop-curly-mustache).

It'll sell, I'd bet. But. I'm not saying we should install water-slides in either or both of the southern openings. Hell, maybe we should? I'd just like us to think of the next best thing, rather than use the in-shtick. My belly grumbled when I saw (2017, Spring Camp?), another team using twitter handles on their jersey-backs. It should'a been me. I could'a been a contender.

Florida Atlantic Seating A Shore Thing | VenuesNow
Posted On: Mar 6th 2019, 3:12 AM #385438

I saw the prototype last year.  I don’t think it’s something I would have any interest in.  It’s neat to be on the field but unless they are inside the 20 on that side you can’t see much and the only real scoreboard is behind you.  I like to be able to see the field.

I believe a few posters were in it last year, I would like to hear their take on it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: