Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could fau emerge as a houston/louisville type team?

Without the end of the year flame out obviously. But wins over navy and maybe even wisc @ camp randal would definitely get the ball rolling.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Well, in the past 4 years, we were 1 TD, 1 less fumble, 1 FG, 1 XP, 1 3rd down conv, 1 4th down conversation away from winning A LOT OF GAMES that would put us in that Louisville/Houston conversation.

I have no doubt that we're in the rise. I'm sure better coaching and better recruiting will officially get us to the promise land. We've had great recruiting classes this past few years. If the CP recruited players develop well, I believe they will flourish with the new coaching staff. Sky is the limit at this point.

We will be able to compete with P5 schools in the future.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Well, in the past 4 years, we were 1 TD, 1 less fumble, 1 FG, 1 XP, 1 3rd down conv, 1 4th down conversation away from winning A LOT OF GAMES that would put us in that Louisville/Houston conversation.

I have no doubt that we're in the rise. I'm sure better coaching and better recruiting will officially get us to the promise land. We've had great recruiting classes this past few years. If the CP recruited players develop well, I believe they will flourish with the new coaching staff. Sky is the limit at this point.

Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 5:16 PM #365775

I know it's a stretch but could fau be a playoff team down the line? Have s great season next year and come in with some hype for 18

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

14Era said

Island_Owl88 said

I know it's a stretch but could fau be a playoff team down the line? Have s great season next year and come in with some hype for 18
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 5:59 PM #365777

Lets get to 8 wins first.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

14Era said

Island_Owl88 said

Lets get to 8 wins first.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 6:15 PM #365778

I'm with OC40 on this one. After having dismal season after dismal season the past 7 years (with the exception of '13 but that was terrible in it's own way) just getting to 6 or 7 wins and a berth in the Miami Beach Bowl without a scandal would be a HUGE accomplishment  for this season.
Back to the top

14Era said

It's a huge stretch.

G5 schools typically don't have the strength of schedule to get there. We just saw Western Michigan go undefeated. They got to the Cotton Bowl which is amazing.  You can only win the games you play, and when you only play 1 or 2 P5 schools, you don't have the schedule to make it.  Maybe if the Playoff expands to 8-16 teams, or you go undefeated and win every game by about 50 points.

I will be happy if we can just get back to going to regular Bowl Games.   
Back to the top

14Era said

I LOVE the excitement but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Undefeated in 17 and wins @oklahoma will put fau in the convo. Esp with kiffin as head coach. The hype wil be real

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

14Era said

I LOVE the excitement but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Posted On: Jan 17th 2017, 8:25 AM #365786

I love it!

I take back my 8 win comment (8 win season is weak when you play 6 or so teams outside the top 90 every year)

BCS or bust Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Lol I love the enthusiasm, but I'll be happy with a bowl game this year, and being in the conversation for conference championship next year. No way in the world FAU gets even close to being mentioned in the playoff conversation, even if they expanded the playoffs to 6 or 8 teams.
Back to the top
Control functions: