Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tips for my first home game?

Hello fellow owl fans! I plan on being able to catch my first home "game" when we have our spring game. Any tips on how to make the best of it? Where to park/things i should be on the lookout for? THANKS! GO OWLS!

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Welcome 14Era. I will defer to others on game day rituals. But my advice for Spring game. HYDRATE. It is usually real warm. I feel for the players that day.I try to make a day of it. Football in the  afternoon. Then I hit Atlantic Ave for some good eats and good drinks. Huge difference between spring game and regular season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Welcome 14Era.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2017, 3:15 PM #365772

+1 Welcome to TON!

I am sure others will weigh in and offer their thoughts, but herer's some threads you may want to check out when you have time:

Everything You Could Want to Know About FAU Stadium - FAU Owl's Nest

VISITING FAN GUIDE: Tailgating/parking/local attractions - FAU Owl's Nest

Favorite food places in Boca - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

The Spring Game is a really easy fan experience but definitely not representative of the actual experience since you only get about a thousand people.

Most people park in the garage adjacent to the stadium and parking is free.

The entire stadium (seat-wise) is open and as a result most people congregate on the west sideline and in/around the Hyundai Deck.

Vendors, drinks and past player apparel will be available for purchase there. The rest of the vendors, save for Subway, tend not to be open.

The shops on both floors will be open but honestly you'll get a better selection from It's Owl Time on 20th Street.

The Spring Game is controlled so it can be a little anti-climatic/lopsided in the score but enjoy the plays and don't draw conclusions about what that means for the season.

The whole thing lasts about 2 hours IIRC but on more than one occasion the Spring Game it actually got delayed by rain so everybody huddled under the stadium/around the bar.
Back to the top

You have to go, the spring game is the best we look all year! 
Back to the top

Be nice teembeer, funny though, and a lot of truth to it!

But we ALL hope that is the past and our future looks very bright!
Back to the top
Control functions: