Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could fau emerge as a houston/louisville type team?

Typical said

David Slavic said

An 8-team playoff would be too much. These athletes are trying to get to the NFL, so to play an additional three games after the conference championship is asking a lot. Plus, having a 4-team playoff makes the regular season tremendously important.

Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 2:15 PM #365813

Typical P5 fan, concerned about their athletes when it infringes on its anti-trust monopoly powers. FCS seems to make it work.  There will be a lawsuit one day that will force an expanded playoff.

Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 2:51 PM #365815

Meh, say what you want. FCS doesn't have nearly the same level of physicality of P5 programs. The NFL is considering reducing at least the number of preseason games played, so I think we'll see more and more football organizations look at ways of reducing the serious wear and tear that happens to football players.
Back to the top

Besides, even if they expanded the playoff to 8, 10, 16 games, FAU is still light years away from being in the playoff. I'm as excited as anybody for this coming season, and the next 2 years that Kiff is here, but you've got to be realistic, that we just need to take the next step, and have some winning seasons and go to bowl games every year, and start contending for the conference championship. For FAU, that's a huge win. By the time my son goes to college, we might be making it to the playoffs, but it's so unrealistic to start thinking about it. Take the wins/losses out of the picture, we don't have the personnel to compete with Clemson, Bama, OSU, FSU, or Michigan. If I'm being SUPER optimistic, we beat Navy next season. And Navy is only ok.
Back to the top

More national news of FAU and Coach K;

Lane Kiffin still shading Auburn, even after bolting 'Bama for FAU - UPI.com

With all this continuing free publicity, why not, gotta help in recruiting!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

More national news of FAU and Coach K;

Lane Kiffin still shading Auburn, even after bolting 'Bama for FAU - UPI.com

With all this continuing free publicity, why not, gotta help in recruiting!
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 3:40 PM #365818

Lol I saw this tweet, and as both a Bama and FAU fan, I loved it.
Back to the top

Key quote here:

"The jet was likely stationed on an airstrip somewhere in South Florida, as Kiffin works to recruit for the Owls. In his time with the Tide, Kiffin's offenses slashed the Tigers 55-44, 29-13, and 30-12 for a 3-0 record"
Back to the top
Control functions: