Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

General Recuriting thread 2017

Add topic

We don't have one and we can not post in the commit list thread I started this.

Going into the weekend of the 20th FAU still has like 7-8 spots to fill. I know they said 18, but guys like Hickmon left and I do not think we have 85 filled right now so we could see 20

I know their has been some tweet about having the top class per player (according to 247)which is great , but we are could lose that quickly if Jordan Merrel (who is you is going to be a faster Daniel McKinny) flips back to Cincy he was originally a Cincy commit and is visiting this weekend  and visited USF last weekend (Remember Corey Bell is there)   

We also do not know who Lane and the staff is talking to.

The reason Jack Walker decommitted was that Lane never reached for a few days after the dead period and he basically read the writing on the wall. Their could be a couple of commits right now who might have not heard from anyone on the staff, but just wont decommit and that when you get the awkward "we don't have spot for you conversation"

Where we end up on sighing day could look 180 from where we are now remember that no one on staff has really been evaluating kids in our area let alone the 2and  3 star kids.
I think that's why we saw a quick commit from an Olimen in Mississippi and the fact Lane is in Mississippi again today.    
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Lane is in Mississippi again today.    
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 1:53 PM #365812

And here he is…

Johnson and Bonner hail from the program, but who else is he targeting there…

Back to the top

I absolutely love the way the staff is working hard and expanding the recruiting area.
Back to the top

I also tip my hat to Travis Tricket for doing a nice job recruiting at Ga. State.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I absolutely love the way the staff is working hard and expanding the recruiting area.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 7:44 PM #365821

Yeah I understood Partridge focusing on staying south of the I-4 corridor, but if there are some good out of state guys that would come play for us, why not go get them? Especially if we can use some JUCOs to finish solidifying our O-line. Then you can still focus on being a destination for local 3-star guys, especially since you don't have to wait a few eyars for them to develop.

A little off-topic, but that was CP's biggest mistake (as he even said himself) - he didn't think it mattered to win quickly. Not that we were expecting to immediately start contending, but having a winning season would have been a game changer for him. Kiffin gets it, and knows that he needs to recruit talent to start winning sooner than later, and recruit talent to let the freshmen develop. He knows it's better for everybody, from himself, to the fans, and even to the players, if we start winning soon.
Back to the top

I like the fact that DL, OL, and DB are being addressed. However, I'm thinking maybe 1 LB and 1 more WR wouldn't hurt. I hope that the new LB coach develops the talent with have in our current roster.
Back to the top

@Island…agree with the LB.  @David..Kiffin will benefit from Partridges recruiting.. There is some pretty good talent. We just need to tighten up some weak areas. He is doing that. DeAndre will make a HUGE difference.
Back to the top

4* PLAYMAKER at QB - yes, BIG difference.

And loading up on both lines - very smart move. Coach K knows what he is doing and is going to prove to the College football world he does and belongs!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I also tip my hat to Travis Tricket for doing a nice job recruiting at Ga. State.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 7:50 PM #365822

Unreal that fau didn't want brooke shannon and he ended up at ga state.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Lane is in Mississippi again today.    
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 1:53 PM #365812

And here he is…

Johnson and Bonner hail from the program, but who else is he targeting there…

Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 2:51 PM #365814
hopefully quin jones and dontavious powell.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top
Control functions: