Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: "Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence"

Maybe FAU will stream the event.  
Back to the top

I agree with you, fauowl: there's nothing to see because the event is ceremonial in an empty field. I've been to a couple of these and unless there's new renderings or something, it wasn't worth it.

Kelly, Chun, Kiffin aren't really going to talk to you. Unless you're a major donor, they'll give you a minute or two but then thank you for coming and go talk to the Mayor, FAU staff member, whatever. They work the crowd. Eventually everybody dissipates.

Driving by every week and watching the facility actually come out of the ground is more fun.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Do you know why it's closed?
Posted On: Jan 5th 2017, 4:50 PM #365471

"That's what the foundation wanted".
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jan 6th 2017, 7:54 AM #365483

Sounds like they want to focus on people who can help get this project done quickly to the full vision. 
Back to the top

Money People said

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jan 6th 2017, 7:54 AM #365483

Sounds like they want to focus on people who can help get this project done quickly to the full vision. 

Posted On: Jan 6th 2017, 10:15 AM #365487

basically.
Back to the top

Rick said

The groundbreaking will be on January 20th from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm but is invite only, and not open to the public.

Posted On: Jan 5th 2017, 2:22 PM #365463

Its a press release sorta thing(photo in the sentinel and post)  not a public participation sorta thing. The donors are invited because
…yes they are the money.

Now for the grand opening I would certainly invite the public or at least the season ticket holders.  
Back to the top

anyone know if they are streaming the ground breaking on facebook or anything like that
Back to the top

No Stream. 
Back to the top

I know FAU has not officially announced the staff  yet, kinda strange. Do ya think they do that tonight?

Would be great if they ALL were there as a group. THAT would also get the major donors excited IMHO!

Wish they could announce building the whole thing too, not just stage one! THAT would get the Coaches excited and truly show FAU is COMMITTED to winning!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Wish they could announce building the whole thing too, not just stage one! THAT would get the Coaches excited and truly show FAU is COMMITTED to winning!!
Posted On: Jan 20th 2017, 2:36 PM #365905

I wish we had the money for that too but I think FAU has shown a very deep commitment to winning recently.

We'll get there in time.
Back to the top
Control functions: