Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

General Recuriting thread 2017

Add topic

Local Owl said

@Island…agree with the LB.  @David..Kiffin will benefit from Partridges recruiting.. There is some pretty good talent. We just need to tighten up some weak areas. He is doing that. DeAndre will make a HUGE difference.
Posted On: Jan 19th 2017, 4:17 PM #365837
I don't think people realize just how good de'andre is. He can score from anywhere on the field. And when it's crunch time he's $$$

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

14Era said

Local Owl said

@Island…agree with the LB.  @David..Kiffin will benefit from Partridges recruiting.. There is some pretty good talent. We just need to tighten up some weak areas. He is doing that. DeAndre will make a HUGE difference.
Posted On: Jan 19th 2017, 4:17 PM #365837
I don't think people realize just how good de'andre is. He can score from anywhere on the field. And when it's crunch time he's $$$

Posted On: Jan 19th 2017, 7:15 PM #365843

I know how good he is. Seen him in action in person. Excited to have him at FAU!
Back to the top

14Era said

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Lane is in Mississippi again today.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 1:53 PM #365812
And here he is…

Johnson and Bonner hail from the program, but who else is he targeting there…

Posted On: Jan 18th 2017, 2:51 PM #365814
hopefully quin jones and dontavious powell.

Posted On: Jan 19th 2017, 7:11 PM #365842
Raphael Leonard also there now. Was he not here as a freshman? Led team in TD catches with 7 in 12 games.
Back to the top

Strange how there is so much unknown going into this signing day. That guy has in his final 3, and this is literally nothing out there that we were even recruiting him.

It is going to be the most interesting signing day we probably have ever had. I can see it going great or really bad. not really sure

Back to the top

It's already a good class (number one in C-USA) based on average player composite.

We just need a couple late surprises that are high 80's, or dare we say a 90's guy to seal this puppy up!

:Smug:  :Big-Grin:  :Smug:
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I think if we hold everyone we currently have, it was a success given the circumstances.  If we add a few more…  :cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

It's already a good class (number one in C-USA) based on average player composite.

We just need a couple late surprises that are high 80's, or dare we say a 90's guy to seal this puppy up!

:Smug:  :Big-Grin:  :Smug:
Posted On: Jan 30th 2017, 4:24 PM #366412

I guess my thing is I am not sure everyone who is committed will sign.
Back to the top

When I think about last season, we were weak in a couple of areas. It is so obvious that Lane and Co. have noticed those areas and keyed in on them. I think we will be good. There are 5/6 guys that could start immediately. Guys that will make the players around them better. Can't wait till signing day.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Strange how there is so much unknown going into this signing day. That guy has in his final 3, and this is literally nothing out there that we were even recruiting him.

It is going to be the most interesting signing day we probably have ever had. I can see it going great or really bad. not really sure
Yeah because as somebody pointed out, there were reportedly guys who had committed to the previous staff and didn't know if they still had an offer here because they haven't had contact and didn't come in for an official visit under the new staff.

For instance I'm wondering if someone like Jacob White, 2 star WR who committed to FAU back on July 23rd and recruited by Corey Bell, is still coming here. Both TON and 247 list him as a commit. Usually there's some more activity on their 247 timeline or we see something on Twitter. Bell is obviously no longer here.

And then somebody said the staff is asking for some of the commits to not announce they're coming here… seems unusual… that could mean we're in the running for some more high-rated guys than we have before. I would not be surprised to see this staff land a 4-star guy, but am not holding my breath for it to happen this cycle. Our best shot for those guys may be as JUCO transfers and I'm OK with that, especially considering how little time they've had to recruit. I wouldn't expect as many JUCO transfers in the next cycle.

So yeah, it'll be interesting. Wondering if UF ever offered Marvin Washington; his Twitter went to private this weekend. I know we're stacked at QB but wouldn't hurt. That's one name I'll be looking out for. That and Willie Wright, who committed to Memphis but I think is going to announce on NSD and 247 predicts him 67% to us.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

DeltAlumnus said

Yeah because as somebody pointed out, there were reportedly guys who had committed to the previous staff and didn't know if they still had an offer here because they haven't had contact and didn't come in for an official visit under the new staff.

For instance I'm wondering if someone like Jacob White, 2 star WR who committed to FAU back on July 23rd and recruited by Corey Bell, is still coming here. Both TON and 247 list him as a commit. Usually there's some more activity on their 247 timeline or we see something on Twitter. Bell is obviously no longer here.

And then somebody said the staff is asking for some of the commits to not announce they're coming here… seems unusual… that could mean we're in the running for some more high-rated guys than we have before. I would not be surprised to see this staff land a 4-star guy, but am not holding my breath for it to happen this cycle. Our best shot for those guys may be as JUCO transfers and I'm OK with that, especially considering how little time they've had to recruit. I wouldn't expect as many JUCO transfers in the next cycle.

So yeah, it'll be interesting. Wondering if UF ever offered Marvin Washington; his Twitter went to private this weekend. I know we're stacked at QB but wouldn't hurt. That's one name I'll be looking out for. That and Willie Wright, who committed to Memphis but I think is going to announce on NSD and 247 predicts him 67% to us.
Posted On: Jan 30th 2017, 6:49 PM #366416

Plus 247 has mixon and readon listed as commits. There is probably only 10-13 guys actually committed to us. Not the 15 currently listed on the site 
Back to the top
Control functions: