Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME WEEK THREAD: FAU vs MTSU & UAB January 19th & 21st, 2017

Add topic

This will go down as one of the worst showings in FAU history.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A career game for Frank Booker will be overshadowed by the  Blue Raider Blowout at the Burrow.

Back to the top

UAB just lost to FIU by 9
Back to the top

While we're in our last media timeout of the game, it's worth noting that the team down South just upset UAB.

Back to the top

Frank Booker has struggled this year, but never gave up.  Happy for him on his big night, despite the result of the game.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2016-2017 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Owls are now second-to-last in CUSA, a conference in which the top 12 of 14 make the conference tournament. Next Thursday's game at FIU just got that much more important.

FWIW: In his postgame interview with Ken LaVicka, Curry admitted that this starting lineup isn't working. He takes blame for it, and says changes will be made.

Back to the top

Curry on KLV's postgame show: Troutman didn't play well because of Middle's physicality. So Frank (Booker) took his place.

Out of all Owls that saw action tonight, Troutman saw the LEAST amount of minutes; didn't touch the court in the second half.

Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III (2) said

Curry on KLV's postgame show: Troutman didn't play well because of Middle's physicality. So Frank (Booker) took his place.

Out of all Owls that saw action tonight, Troutman saw the LEAST amount of minutes; didn't touch the court in the second half.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2017, 9:16 PM #365998

It's the coach's job to put in a structure that allows the best shooters to get shots.

Double screens work great.

See Jarvis and Greg Gantt for illustration.

NBA free-for-all isn't working…

There just isn't enough structure to anything.
Back to the top

That was ugly, sloppy basketball.  My nine year old was embarrassed.  They were beat in every aspect of the game.  Booker seemed to be the only one playing 100%.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

Jack David Whidden III (2) said

Posted On: Jan 21st 2017, 9:16 PM #365998

It's the coach's job to put in a structure that allows the best shooters to get shots.

Double screens work great.

See Jarvis and Greg Gantt for illustration.

NBA free-for-all isn't working…

There just isn't enough structure to anything.
Posted On: Jan 21st 2017, 9:24 PM #365999

+1
Back to the top
Control functions: