Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Visitors for January 20th, 2017

Add topic

LawOwl said

Owl2Doc said

DeltAlumnus said

Marvin Washington Tweeted out he was on his visit here this weekend!

That would be huge!!
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 8:58 PM #366051

Per Gridiron Now

“As soon as Lane Kiffin got to Florida Atlantic they’ve been on me,” Washington said. “Lane Kiffin has been showing a lot of interest and saying that they like me a lot. I had a home visit with him this past week and he’s a really cool guy. I’m taking an official to FAU this weekend (Jan 21-22).

“If I had to make a decision right now, it would be Florida Atlantic.”

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 10:50 PM #366055

I get that he is a major talent but we are stocked on qb and Deandre has 3 years of eligibility left. Feel like it's a waste of a scholarship when we could be going for a JUCO OL, WR or LB
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 9:13 AM #366061

I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB or two transfer out if they are at the bottom of the depth chart after spring practice. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB or two transfer out if they are at the bottom of the depth chart after spring practice. 
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 9:14 AM #366062

Franks and Parr
Back to the top

You can never have too many talented QB's on a roster.  DeAndre is a kid who has never taken a D1 snap, had a huge off the field issue and plays in a way that opens for injury.  Need to have 3 capable QB's on the roster.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Washington was also the leading rusher on his State runner-up team, so he is an athlete.  It never hurts to have a stable of QBs, and it is even better if that group includes guys that *could* possibly play other positions.  Everything I have read says that he wants to play QB in college, so bring in the best players/athletes you can, let them compete at the position they want, then do what is best for the team.  And recruiting and stars don't carry a ton of weight with me since it is a crap shoot - what matters is when a kid gets on campus, puts on the pads, and shows how he can actually play.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Washington was also the leading rusher on his State runner-up team, so he is an athlete.  It never hurts to have a stable of QBs, and it is even better if that group includes guys that *could* possibly play other positions.  Everything I have read says that he wants to play QB in college, so bring in the best players/athletes you can, let them compete at the position they want, then do what is best for the team.  And recruiting and stars don't carry a ton of weight with me since it is a crap shoot - what matters is when a kid gets on campus, puts on the pads, and shows how he can actually play.

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 10:35 AM #366065

Disparagmentioned of the star system will not be tolerated.  Please refrain or you may be chastised by some board participants.

Back to the top

Warning said

owlsdad said

Disparagmentioned of the star system will not be tolerated.  Please refrain or you may be chastised by some board participants.

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 10:59 AM #366066

Lamar Jackson was a 3 star recruit and look at how that worked out…
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Warning said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 10:59 AM #366066

Lamar Jackson was a 3 star recruit and look at how that worked out…
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 11:32 AM #366071

Stephen Curtis was a 3* recruit too. Julio Jones was a 5* recruit.

Yeah it is not always right, but they do matter. You are kidding yourself if you don't think it matters.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Yeah the star system can be wrong, but I think that sometimes that has more to do with the school the recruit chooses to go to. When I see a PS QB go to a DT-type offense, I feel like that kid will transfer in a year. A DT that goes to a pro-style offense could easily fail too. I put a lot of the players impact on the coaches that develop the players, as opposed to the high school athletes themselves.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Stephen Curtis was a 3* recruit too. Julio Jones was a 5* recruit.

Yeah it is not always right, but they do matter. You are kidding yourself if you don't think it matters.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 11:41 AM #366072

Stephen Curtis.. Lol. (Insert college days nostalgia here)
Back to the top

The 7-step case to proving National Signing Day rankings matter a whole lot - SBNation.com

I love people question the star system by using a couple outliers.

Back to the top
Control functions: