Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

247 has an interesting little story on Kiffen and a comment he made. Depending upon who you are rooting for, you can get mad or laugh.
Back to the top

FIU>F said

dusky256fc said

JulesFIU07 said

Math is not your strong suit.  What years was Butch coach at UNC?
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 12:23 PM #366005
Apparently you have a math degree from fiu. 😂

He left UNC the summer of 2011, should we draw you a diagram as well?

6 years out of the game, good luck guys because you're going to need it.

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 2:49 PM #366011

So 9/11 means Summer of 2011? I know you are a sharp guy dusky that is a pretty lame response. 
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 3:07 PM #366017

If you couldn't figure out that 9/11 meant September 2011 knowing your coaches history that's pathetic.  I don't follow Butch but I knew exactly what he was saying.  OC might be a putz at times but he has forgotten more about college football then you will ever know.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

FIU>F said

dusky256fc said

JulesFIU07 said

Math is not your strong suit.  What years was Butch coach at UNC?
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 12:23 PM #366005
Apparently you have a math degree from fiu. 😂

He left UNC the summer of 2011, should we draw you a diagram as well?

6 years out of the game, good luck guys because you're going to need it.

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 2:49 PM #366011

So 9/11 means Summer of 2011? I know you are a sharp guy dusky that is a pretty lame response. 
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 3:07 PM #366017

If you couldn't figure out that 9/11 meant September 2011 knowing your coaches history that's pathetic.  I don't follow Butch but I knew exactly what he was saying.  OC might be a putz at times but he has forgotten more about college football then you will ever know.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 7:44 PM #366041

Btw…that is directed to who actually made the original post 😉

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

247 has an interesting little story on Kiffen and a comment he made. Depending upon who you are rooting for, you can get mad or laugh.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 6:42 PM #366038

Here is the story;

Lane Kiffin makes strange comments about departure from Alabama

It was quoted in our stories about the groundbreaking but from the Bama and National perspective, it is interesting.

I personally believe it was a tongue-in-cheek joke though!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Btw;that is directed to who actually made the original post
That post was mine, I'm not sure why it was labelled as Jules. My apologies Jules, Rick.
Back to the top

No worries, I am going to have that looked at...not the first time the database has mixed up the table names. Could be floating IP issue though, which would require a custom line of code to correct.
Back to the top

Has Kiffin hired a new Strength Coach yet?
Back to the top

His 1st hire was supposed to be the Bama No. 2 S&C guy.
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

Local Owl said

Hey JulieFIU, I can  assure that Dusky,Georgia and OC40 know football. Especially FAU football. Arguing as to whether September is Summer is typical Miami garbage. I know what Dusky wants to say to you but Rick doesn't allow that on the site. I'm just sitting here reading it and I want to tell it to you. Bottom line, you have Butch. We have Lane. Any  football mind , outside of western Miami, knows who has the better coach. Now it is your turn, in typical Miami fashion , to say something nasty.

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 3:36 PM #366020

Actually the above wasn't me, someone opted to use my name.  However, when someone says 9/11 most people assume 9/11/2001, you know since it is a date of some historical significance.

As for who has the better coach, Butch has certainly achieved more, I guess we will see where they are now.

As for besmirching Miami, I didn't see the Faena go up in Boca.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 4:28 PM #366026
No, I meant 9/11/01.
Butch wasn't that good at UNC they were below .500 in conference games when he was there.
For as much s*** as lane gets his record at USC was better than Butch at UNC and Lane was dealing with Pete Carols sanctions.
Don't give me the ''UCN is basketball school'' because other coaches have won there. Lets also remember those years he was at UNC the ACC was bad!!  FSU was at the end with Bowden and UM had Randy Shannon….
Boston College had made two ACC titles in the years Butch was at UNC yes you read that right.
In 2010 and 2011 the ACC champ has lost the orange bowl by a combined 117-46

Butch was also giving so much credit for UM, but in 2000 he was a wide left from losing 2 games with the greatest team ever put together.  You also have to remember something about those Miami years it was before they had any other state school to compete against (other than FSU and UF) and out of state school did not recruit south Florida 1/100 like they do now.

In the end Butch was able to stock pile talent then still couldn't finish, failed with Browns, was below avg at UNC and now has been out of the game for 6 years.  

Back to the top

All fair points, we shall see how it all works out, recruiting better than Turner did though (BIG shock!).
Back to the top
Control functions: