Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Visitors for January 20th, 2017

Add topic

DeltAlumnus said

Stephen Curtis was a 3* recruit too.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 11:41 AM #366072

:Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:
Back to the top

Oh no -- not the "Battle of the Stars" again!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

DeltAlumnus said

Marvin Washington Tweeted out he was on his visit here this weekend!

That would be huge!!
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 8:58 PM #366051

Per Gridiron Now

“As soon as Lane Kiffin got to Florida Atlantic they’ve been on me,” Washington said. “Lane Kiffin has been showing a lot of interest and saying that they like me a lot. I had a home visit with him this past week and he’s a really cool guy. I’m taking an official to FAU this weekend (Jan 21-22).

“If I had to make a decision right now, it would be Florida Atlantic.”

Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 10:50 PM #366055

Holding out for a UF offer.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Oh no – not the "Battle of the Stars" again!
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 1:21 PM #366080

Remember when we would finish last in recruiting and you guys said stars didn't matter because ole Howard knew what he was doing? Followed by an 4-8 and 1-11 seasons.

Also QB is the one position that is the hardest to evaluate that is the only one will I give gran a salt to the rating system.

Like I said before NFL spend millions to figure QB's out and they still can't.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

d-owl said

Oh no – not the "Battle of the Stars" again!
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 1:21 PM #366080
Remember when we would finish last in recruiting and you guys said stars didn't matter because ole Howard knew what he was doing? Followed by an 4-8 and 1-11 seasons.

Also QB is the one position that is the hardest to evaluate that is the only one will I give gran a salt to the rating system.

Like I said before NFL spend millions to figure QB's out and they still can't.
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 1:48 PM #366082
I was not in the "stars doesn't matter crowd" (to set the record straight lol). I was quite vocal then about them mattering (can disagree to what extent) and that our recruiting was bad. But I would hate to have this thread hijacked by that argument again.
Back to the top

I too believe that stars matter. I was using the QB example simply because it seems like a lot of heralded QBs don't pan out, and their performance requires a lot of development, and being in the right system. With that being considered, I'm a fan of the star system.
Back to the top

To me it is simple, do the TOP teams go after 4 and 5*'s or 2*'s. Whom do the fight over?

THEY recognize that physically gifted athletes have a higher threshold and project to perform better,

Ask Nick if he would EVER trade a 4* for a 2*, EVER!
Back to the top

we got bigger problems than stars right now. We could use a JUCO LB right about now.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Remember when we would finish last in recruiting and you guys said stars didn't matter because ole Howard knew what he was doing?

I remember it because that's when we actually went to, and won Bowl Games!  
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

Remember when we would finish last in recruiting and you guys said stars didn't matter because ole Howard knew what he was doing?

I remember it because that's when we actually went to, and won Bowl Games!  
Posted On: Jan 23rd 2017, 3:11 PM #366099

But somehow recruiting went down the tubes, even with Bowl victories and national news. Then the team went down the tubes. Without Alfred's seeming single handed beating (well, refusal to lose!) of UAB we would have been an FIU/UCF (TWICE) 0-12! Had to throw that in :Laughing:

I love ya Howard but what the H__L happened?
Back to the top
Control functions: