Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oxbridge Academy OL Robert Holmes Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Add topic

Ouch, that one's going to leave a mark.

But agree, UCONN??

Back to the top

Very disappointing. Unless he is looking at academic profile or just decided to go away for college (I did when going down to Boca), I don't see any benefit to going there. That football program is a disaster and holding up their chances at getting into a P5 despite its success in basketball. He literally might be their top commit.
Back to the top

A LOT of people up there NOT HAPPY with Edsall being hired back, screwed UCONN royally the way he left for greener pastures - and FAILED!

HURTS THOUGH, OUR CLASS IS GOING SOUTH IN A HURRY. HOPE THE COACHES KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T! And red for sarcasm, for EMPHASIS! We should be adding QUALITY not subtracting, especially with less than a week to go to signing day!:Thinking:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A LOT of people up there NOT HAPPY with Edsall being hired back, screwed UCONN royally the way he left for greener pastures - and FAILED!
Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 3:58 PM #366245

True, but they are so desperate that there is a large contingent that is happy he's back since they had some degree of success at that time playing in an awful Big East.  
Back to the top

I am on the outside and Robert Holmes felt like a guy that was looking for a place to flip to.  I guess we will all know what the signing class looks like real soon. This is what happens when you replace a staff with a new staff. Not unexpected. I'm glad we got the commitment from the OLman yesterday. Doesn't hurt so bad. We are OK. Breath deep. I would have chosen FAU over UConn.
Back to the top

I'm really assuming that Kiff knows what he's doing. He knows he has to win quickly to regain credibility, but it's looking terrible. I guess we'll see he's able to flip some guys on signing day.

I wonder if recruits are scared by the fact that he'll probably be gone in a year or two, and are choosing go to comparable or lesser schools to play for guys that will be there for the whole four years.
Back to the top

David, assuming he turns us around, do you think he will get offered in two years? I'm thinking three. And that is if he can get us going in the correct direction quickly. There are tons of really good young coaches. He needs to do something special to get noticed. Right now…not all that impressive. Now if , on Sunday, I hear about 5 3* guys that committed, I will be impressed. But as of today we have the 90 something rated recruiting class. Just like years passed.But I am hopeful.
Back to the top

I think we all have to remember he has been at this f/t for what, 3 weeks (if that)? The flips are disappointing, but not unexpected. He just solidified his staff today and has already got some nice recruits to sign on in really no time at all. The 90 something ranking now is strictly due to the low # of recruits actually committed - - but the actual recruits he's brought on all seem impressive to me. I see he is still grinding now and I expect everyone to feel much better after this weekend.
Back to the top

Agreed but I really did not expect our top recruits to flip AWAY from Kiff! Especially after FAU signing an excellent athletic QB! I am just getting nervous with all of the defections.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Agreed but I really did not expect our top recruits to flip AWAY from Kiff! Especially after FAU signing an excellent athletic QB! I am just getting nervous with all of the defections.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 6:34 PM #366256

This one hurts, no doubt, especially considering he made it a point to do an in-home visit with him – and the fact he is going to the University at Storrs lol of all places. Clearly we lost a priority recruit. But this is a time where you will see odd flips out of nowhere, and I'm confident LK will make up for it (seems like he already has with yesterday's news). Reading the tea leaves we are probably in store for some nice pickups in the next few days, just have to wait and see.  
Back to the top
Control functions: