Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

JulesFIU07 said

As for besmirching Miami…
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2017, 4:28 PM #366026

Honorable mention post of the day for using the word besmirch!

:Yawn:

:Laughing:
Back to the top

WHEN WILL THE STAFF BE FINALIZED AND ANNOUNCED?

Western Michigan just announced theirs and Fleck just left;

WMU announces Tim Lester’s first coaching staff | CollegeFootballTalk

I wonder if this is planned and am hoping the de-commits were hoped for by the staff. Or is it because we are short handed????

Back to the top

OC40, I think you are being a bit revisionist.  Let's remember that Butch took over a UM program that had just been hit with a post-season ban and the loss of 31 scholarships.  He not only had winning seasons all but one of those years, but he did rebuild that team into a national championship contender.

To say he failed at Cleveland, while ignoring Al Davis practically dragging himself out of hospice to fire Lane at Oakland is also a bit disingenuous, at least Butch made the playoffs.

Yes, his run at UNC wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad by UNC standards either.  The only coach to have a sustained successful run there, more than five consecutive winning seasons, was Mack Brown.  He never won an ACC title, and only finished four games above .500.

The most successful coach at UNC, Dick Crum, had only one ACC title, five consecutive seasons above .500, and six seasons above .500 in total during his ten year run.

Finally, you cannot compare UNC to USC.  UNC is a football program that has only won nine conference titles, and no national titles.  USC has won 38 conference titles and 11 national titles.
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

OC40, I think you are being a bit revisionist.  Let's remember that Butch took over a UM program that had just been hit with a post-season ban and the loss of 31 scholarships.  He not only had winning seasons all but one of those years, but he did rebuild that team into a national championship contender.

To say he failed at Cleveland, while ignoring Al Davis practically dragging himself out of hospice to fire Lane at Oakland is also a bit disingenuous, at least Butch made the playoffs.

Yes, his run at UNC wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad by UNC standards either.  The only coach to have a sustained successful run there, more than five consecutive winning seasons, was Mack Brown.  He never won an ACC title, and only finished four games above .500.

The most successful coach at UNC, Dick Crum, had only one ACC title, five consecutive seasons above .500, and six seasons above .500 in total during his ten year run.

Finally, you cannot compare UNC to USC.  UNC is a football program that has only won nine conference titles, and no national titles.  USC has won 38 conference titles and 11 national titles.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 7:57 AM #366195

Lane had better record at USC with sanctions then Butch had at UNC in an awful ACC.

Lane has been the OC under the best coach and team in the country the last three years and Butch did TV….

They are not even close. Garcia gave Butch a retirement job after 7 years of not a single team in the country wanting him.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

JulesFIU07 said

Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 7:57 AM #366195

Lane had better record at USC with sanctions then Butch had at UNC in an awful ACC.

Lane has been the OC under the best coach and team in the country the last three years and Butch did TV….

They are not even close. Garcia gave Butch a retirement job after 7 years of not a single team in the country wanting him.

Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 9:33 AM #366199

So how about Butch's record at UM whilst sanctioned?

As for assistant accolades, I think Butch has a couple of Super Bowl rings.
Back to the top

My 2 cent.

When it comes to College coaches, it's all about "What have you done for me, lately?". And there's no doubt that Lane Kiffin has been one the hottest coaches in the college football in the past 3 years. Can't exactly say the same about Butch.

Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

My 2 cent.

When it comes to College coaches, it's all about "What have you done for me, lately?". And there's no doubt that Lane Kiffin has been one the hottest coaches in the college football in the past 3 years. Can't exactly say the same about Butch.

Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 4:07 PM #366248

Suppose that explains why he wasn't chosen by any other schools.
Back to the top

Interesting pattern happening -

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ole-miss-dl-coach-leaves-for-georgia-after-6-weeks-on-the-job-172359304.html

First, Sark leaves Bama after ONE GAME(0-1) foir the Atlanta Falcons after replacing Coach K at Bama

NOW, new DL Coach Tray Scott at Ol Miss who was hired to replace CHRIS Kiffin as the DL coach has left Ol Miss after 3 weeks for UGA!

Just can't fill those voids left by OUR new staff here at FAU! :Laughing:

I say Coach C Kiffin, go flip a DL recruit from Ol Miss now that they can request a transfer without penalty due to position coaching change!!! GO GET EM!!!!! :cool:
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

Island_Owl88 said

My 2 cent.

Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 4:07 PM #366248

Suppose that explains why he wasn't chosen by any other schools.
Posted On: Jan 26th 2017, 7:01 PM #366258

You mean Butch right?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Charlie Weis, Jr. leaving – going to the Falcons. Can't be mad at him for that. Good luck!
Back to the top
Control functions: