Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Opening Weekend Series Thread: Monmouth vs FAU Feb 17-19, 2017

Add topic

Local Owl said

Very few college pitcher throw complete games. I think the goal is to get through the sixth. The durability is already there. The key is to try and get through the season pain free.
Posted On: Feb 19th 2017, 10:11 AM #367211

Good points local - no injuries the best for the team and especially the player.

Just commenting on later inning struggles. Between less early season stamina AND seeing him the 3rd time through the order, which is true of all starters!

Good debut though, congrats to him AND the team, now get the sweep guys! Go Owls!
Back to the top

Esteban Puerta crushes a three run Homer in the first for FAU,  but the Hawks clawed back to make it a one run game.

Tyler  Frank then launches one in the 2nd and it's 4-2 Owls. 
Back to the top

The Owls go up 10-2 before Monmouth gets feisty, and FAU starter Nick Swan takes an early exit going just three innings before giving way to Mark Nowatnick comes in relief.

But the Hawks aren't done and add two more to make it a seven run fourth inning, all credited to Swan. Drew Peden makes his second appearance of the weekend to earn the final out.

FAU due up  in the bottom 4th and ahead 10-9 in a still close game. Puerta now sitting at five RBI for the afternoon.
Back to the top

FAU picks up a run in the bottom half of the fourth and fifth - Kerr HR - to forge ahead 12-9 in what is going to be a marathon outing as they near the 2.5 hour mark.

Top of the 6th straight ahead.

Tyler Frank is 4-of-4 and has two singles, a double, homer, and three RBI.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU picks up a run in the bottom half of the fourth and fifth - Kerr HR - to forge ahead 12-9 in what is going to be a marathon outing as they near the 2.5 hour mark.

Top of the 6th straight ahead.

Tyler Frank is 4-of-4 and has two singles, a double, homer, and three RBI.

Posted On: Feb 19th 2017, 2:25 PM #367215

That's why I love college baseball, less than halfway through the game and 2.5 hours played!!  GEEZ
Back to the top

Stretch time, FAU hanging onto a 12-10 lead.

Tyler Frank adds another double onto his 5-for-5 showing at the plate.
Back to the top

The Hawks leave two runners on the base path in the top of the 8th as Eric Keating gets out of a two-out jam.

FAU still ahead 12-10.
Back to the top

Nothing doing for FAU in the bottom half of the 8th.

Ragsdale comes on for the save and the sweep.

12-10 game.
Back to the top

Done deal! Hawks threaten with a two-out triple, but Rags gets the final out of the game on a pop up to right field.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

I know I'm not very smart, but where can I find the box scores. I've tried FAU ,D-1, ESPN. I don't know
Back to the top