Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Opening Weekend Series Thread: Monmouth vs FAU Feb 17-19, 2017

Add topic

Good opening weekend offensively.  Hope we get Stewart and Labsen back soon.  Other than Miednik and Peden, our pitching was pretty suspect against a not so great team.  It's still early but doesn't look like Swann has blossomed into a starting rotation role yet, probably still a middle relief type of guy.  He'll come around though, he's got great potential.  The young guys at the bottom of the line-up were decent for their first collegiate at bats, believe they're going to struggle against good pitching until they adapt.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know I'm not very smart, but where can I find the box scores. I've tried FAU ,D-1, ESPN. I don't know
Posted On: Feb 19th 2017, 6:31 PM #367222

Here's the box from Sunday…

Back to the top

Here are my thoughts. The new camera for the live stream slash showing highlights is pretty awesome. Really great clarity to it. The selling of beer will bring in some extra income to the game. Crowd saturday was pretty decent until later on in the game then some left to do other events. It was a nice weekend to spend at the park.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Crowd saturday was pretty decent until later on in the game then some left to do other events.

Did anyone see President Kelly there? He tweeted about opening night, thought he might have swung by.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

USMCOWL said

Crowd saturday was pretty decent until later on in the game then some left to do other events.

Did anyone see President Kelly there? He tweeted about opening night, thought he might have swung by.

Posted On: Feb 20th 2017, 12:17 PM #367229

I didnt see him. I saw Pat Chun on the 3rd base berm near the foul pole, which by the way are now like a neon greenish color.
Back to the top

Rick, where did you find the box score ?
Back to the top

FAU posts them in the game release...
Back to the top

Where can I find that ? Other schools have them on the official sports page of the school. In the past  , one could click on the score of any given game on the FAU official site  and the box score was available.
Back to the top

Found it !!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Here are my thoughts. The new camera for the live stream slash showing highlights is pretty awesome. Really great clarity to it. The selling of beer will bring in some extra income to the game. Crowd saturday was pretty decent until later on in the game then some left to do other events. It was a nice weekend to spend at the park.
Posted On: Feb 20th 2017, 9:29 AM #367228

I asked and the beer sales are through Chartwells, so I have no idea how that works with a kick back to the program.

I know we have one big contract with Chartwells, but I we add another stream of revenue for them does the school get kick backs?

Anyone know?
Back to the top