Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs. UTEP - February 23rd, 2017

Add topic

dusky256fc said

Should have stepped back at that last 3 pointer, plenty of time on the clock. Tough ending.

We are 1 coach away from winning these close ones 😉
Posted On: Feb 23rd 2017, 9:12 PM #367284

I am so proud that you are starting to see what poor coaching does  

It's like you are learning about sports right before my eyes.
Back to the top

Rick said

We won't win a game in the tournament, not being negative just being real.

Right.

Be interesting to see if this season is enough for Chun and Kelly to drop the axe on Curry. Does anyone have arguments for keeping him?

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

Right.

Be interesting to see if this season is enough for Chun and Kelly to drop the axe on Curry. Does anyone have arguments for keeping him?
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 12:17 PM #367290

Only the fact that we just let our football coach go and probably emptied out the coffers for the new coach.  Not sure we'd be wanting to pay 2 basketball coaches next year.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

And we left Matt McCall at the alter  :Crying:
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 11:04 AM #367288

He's 44-12 since becoming a head coach.

FORTY FOUR AND 12.

:Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:

(Curry is 26-61)
Back to the top

owlmart said

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

Right.

Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 12:17 PM #367290

Only the fact that we just let our football coach go and probably emptied out the coffers for the new coach.  Not sure we'd be wanting to pay 2 basketball coaches next year.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 12:26 PM #367291

So I just Googled it HERE and in 2014 we signed Curry for SIX years

SIX

for 2 million.

Not to mention this tidbit:

"Curry's contract also includes a clause that states that if FAU fires the coach without cause, it must give him four years advance notice."

………what

Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

And we left Matt McCall at the alter  :Crying:
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 11:04 AM #367288

He's 44-12 since becoming a head coach.

FORTY FOUR AND 12.

:Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:  :Crying2:  :Crying:

(Curry is 26-61)
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 1:06 PM #367294

Truly amazing Chun was even able to hire Partridge's replacement after the Curry and Partridge hires.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Truly amazing Chun was even able to hire Partridge's replacement after the Curry and Partridge hires.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 1:57 PM #367297

He didn't drive that bus…he was only along for the ride as tour guide on the mike when it arrived at the station. The big boys lining the back row had the deal from the get go.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

So I just Googled it HERE and in 2014 we signed Curry for SIX years

SIX

for 2 million.

Not to mention this tidbit:

"Curry's contract also includes a clause that states that if FAU fires the coach without cause, it must give him four years advance notice."

………what
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 1:50 PM #367296

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.  Whoever came up with those terms should be fired.
Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 1:57 PM #367297

He didn't drive that bus…he was only along for the ride as tour guide on the mike when it arrived at the station. The big boys lining the back row had the deal from the get go.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 2:49 PM #367298

Yeah it was pretty clear that Schmidt, Kelly, and the BOT members got that deal done.

I meant more that Chun didn't get fired with Partridge. But if Kiffin works out it will be Chun who will probably get a better job elsewhere that he didn't really deserve if ask me.

Unless he is much better behind the scenes than we know.
Back to the top

I logged on to CUSA video and watched the first few minutes of the game . The student section had maybe 100 in the stands.Don't know about bench side stands. Without wins, this should be expected. I wonder how much money we lose every year through our basketball program. Headed out to a baseball game tonight. We should have more fans at the baseball game then at a basketball game. That should sound some alarms at Chun's office.
Back to the top
Control functions: