Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU vs. UTEP - February 23rd, 2017

Add topic

Island_Owl88 said

Positive: We grabbed nearly twice as many offensive rebounds as UTEP did. 16 assists, 9 steals.

Negative: Free throw (4-9, 44%) Terrible!!!! 3-Point line (3-19, 16%) ABYSMAL!!! If we focused more on FT rather than 3PTs, we'd have a chance to win this game. We got out rebounded. We can't win games in the tournament if we don't improve on rebounds and free throws.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 10:22 AM #367286

Exactly, when we took it inside we did well.  I just don't understand the live or die on the three pointers.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

We won't win a game in the tournament, not being negative just being real.

As Dusky eluded to, good coaching will get you 5-10 points night in and night out even if you stink at shooting.

That is our main issue.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 11:01 AM #367287
Unfortunately I have to agree, maybe by luck of the draw we win one but that's definitely it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I logged on to CUSA video and watched the first few minutes of the game . The student section had maybe 100 in the stands.Don't know about bench side stands. Without wins, this should be expected. I wonder how much money we lose every year through our basketball program. Headed out to a baseball game tonight. We should have more fans at the baseball game then at a basketball game. That should sound some alarms at Chun's office.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 4:50 PM #367301

I miss Jarvis
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

We won't win a game in the tournament, not being negative just being real.

As Dusky eluded to, good coaching will get you 5-10 points night in and night out even if you stink at shooting.

That is our main issue.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 11:01 AM #367287
Unfortunately I have to agree, maybe by luck of the draw we win one but that's definitely it.
Posted On: Feb 24th 2017, 5:09 PM #367303

If we win tonight or North Texas loses will be in the playin round for sure… They have to win out and us lose all our games to take our spot FIU can't due to our wins over them. 
Back to the top
Control functions: