Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: Indiana vs FAU - Feb 24th - 26th, 2017

Add topic

Tyler Frank is having himself quite a year at the plate so far. He adds to his tally with another RBI single that pushes the home team ahead 5-2 after six complete innings.
Back to the top

Seven innings are in the books.

Owls still up and sticking with Miednik for the 8th.

IU 2  FAU 5
Back to the top

Miednik allows a hit but nothing else doing in the top of the 8th.

IU 2  FAU 5
Back to the top

Owls pick up an insurance run in the bottom of the 8th. Ragsdale will not be in a save situation and McCormack elects to go with Kyle Marman for the final inning on the hill.

IU 2  FAU 6

Back to the top

Rubber Time! Owls take game two, as Marman closes it out in the top half of the 9th.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Meidnik is the real deal. Great performance. One bad pitch to a good hitter . Loved watching his family in the stands rooting him on. Tyler Frank is unreal. Owls looked solid in every aspect of the game tonight.
Back to the top

Gotta be kidding me.
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic and Indiana could not produce a series victor in game three on Sunday after playing eleven innings and the game was called to accommodate the Hoosiers travel plans. It marks just the eighth tie all time for the Owl program.

“It was a disappointing day,” said Head Coach John McCormack. “(Nick Swan) pitched well, he kept us in it with a 4-2 lead. We did what we wanted to do, we got the matchups we wanted, and it just didn’t work out in our favor. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game but we just couldn’t do it.”

FAU jumped out to a 2-0 lead before the Hoosiers tied it up in the top half of the fifth inning. The Owls put two more on the scoreboard in the bottom half of the frame.

Indiana loaded the bases with two outs in the 9th facing FAU closer Cameron Ragsdale. Normally reliable, he would give up back-to-back hits after issuing a walk to his first batter. Abraham dropped the ball on a tag at home which allowed the Hoosiers to take a 5-4 lead.

Trailing for the first time on the afternoon, Florida Atlantic loaded the bases with no outs in the 8th but could only manage one run. Eric Rivera led off with a double before later coming home on a fielders choice.

With Ragsdale holding IU in the 9th, Gary Mattis would tie it up at 6-6 in the Owls' turn at the plate, blasting his first collegiate home run to left. Rivera then produced another extra base hit stretching a would be double into a triple but he was left on.

In the 10th FAU had the bags full with two outs but Stephen Kerr attempted to steal home and was thrown out at the plate.

Mark Nowatnik tossed the final two innings for the Owls, retiring all six Hoosiers he faced, and three by strikeout.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

We usually have a team that plays very conservative. One play today, could have been a game changer, has me scratching my head. I am not going to point it out because I don't know who was at fault. It just broke an old rule in baseball. Our young guys played outstanding !  Even split with a very good IU team.
Back to the top

Forgot to give a shout out to Nick Swan. Nice job keeping FAU in the game after a rough first outing.
Back to the top
Control functions: