Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: Indiana vs FAU - Feb 24th - 26th, 2017

Add topic

Local Owl said

Forgot to give a shout out to Nick Swan. Nice job keeping FAU in the game after a rough first outing.
Posted On: Feb 26th 2017, 6:27 PM #367359

Spot on.  I was concerned after his appearance last week that he may get rocked facing a decent hitting team in Indiana.  Guess that's why Coach Macks in the the dugout and I'm posting my personal opinions online. Lol.  

Wish we could've wrapped this series up.  We will need these wins on our resume down the stretch, especially if we are a bubble team as we usually are.  
Back to the top

Not happy with a game on west coast on Tuesday, then turn around and play Miami Wednesday. Pitching staff not deep enough for that kind of scheduling.
Back to the top

Labsan will be on the bump for FGCU…like him, and our chances with him.

And Miami is having a horrendous season so far…with Stewart believe we have a chance there as well.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Not happy with a game on west coast on Tuesday, then turn around and play Miami Wednesday. Pitching staff not deep enough for that kind of scheduling.
Posted On: Feb 27th 2017, 5:23 PM #367374

Seems like every year the weeks we play miami we play fgcu the night before, home or away and Miami has us as their only midweek game those weeks.  
Back to the top

Ugh.  Bullpen keeps choking up games.   
Back to the top

We are not very good this year.
Pitching isn't deep enough.
Back to the top

Baseball's a funny game.  The better team doesn't always win.  Last night was a classic example.  I was at the game and I'd honestly say there's maybe 1 guy for fgcu that would start for us.  Was just one of those nights where they got very very timely hitting and we just kept hitting it straight at them in key situations that would have broken the game open.  

What's concerning is that our bullpen which is usually one of our stronger assets is struggling early on this year.  Once Stewart and Labsen get back to full strength our starting rotation should be pretty good and deep enough to handle 5 game weeks.  However, that could all be meaningless if our bullpen doesn't improve quick.  

Hopefully the bullpen gets it together because if this team doesn't make the post season it may be a year or two before we do again because we are going to be losing a ton of key starters and players this offseason. 
Back to the top
Control functions: