Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016-2017 FAU Women's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

walty12 said

Im just blown away that a women's basketball thread has went 6+ pages…
Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 12:34 AM #367592

Too bad it's for the wrong reasons.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Im just blown away that a women's basketball thread has went 6+ pages…
Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 12:34 AM #367592

Too bad it's for the wrong reasons.
Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 1:35 PM #367609

The first five pages were me posting game notes and scores!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Rick...baseball only has about three people involved. FAU is a football heavy school. We put all our eggs in one basket. Too bad because the other sports have so much to offer.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Rick…baseball only has about three people involved. FAU is a football heavy school. We put all our eggs in one basket. Too bad because the other sports have so much to offer.

Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 3:50 PM #367616

"We" didn't do anything.  It is the nature of sports in South Florida.  There is absolutely nothing that FAU could have done to make more people interested in FAU College Baseball, it just is what it is.  The Marlins were supposed to be the big new thing when they came to town due to all of the Cubans and Hispanics in Dade County...that didn't work out anywhere near what they thought.  The Dolphins have sucked for how long and they are still far and away the biggest sports team in South Florida.  This is a football state, period and nothing is going to change that anytime in the near future.
Back to the top

So FAU will live and die with the success of football. PS I'm not trying to convert anyone to baseball. Just stating a fact. We, excuse me FAU has invested HEAVILY in football. If it pans out, FAU will be fine . If not,,,oh oh. I've lived in Florida since my first breath a bunch of years ago. I know about Florida's love for football. I love football. I just feel bad for the fringe sports. Very little love.
Back to the top

I think for what FAU baseball is they have a nice niche following that I would say is better than basketball.

Out my group friends who are Alumni we go to baseball games all the time and I would have to pull teeth from the group to go to a basketball game.

For Baseball not even being close to the popularity that basketball is in the country FAU baseball has a core of diehard fans.

FAU just pulled 2k on weekday night and basketball which is more popular might have gotten to that number twice this year?

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I think for what FAU baseball is they have a nice niche following that I would say is better than basketball.

Out my group friends who are Alumni we go to baseball games all the time and I would have to pull teeth from the group to go to a basketball game.

For Baseball not even being close to the popularity that basketball is in the country FAU baseball has a core of diehard fans.

FAU just pulled 2k on weekday night and basketball which is more popular might have gotten to that number twice this year?

Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 5:44 PM #367622

Twice could be generous. But FWIW, FAU MBB did finish third to last in the conference for attendance, behind FIU and UTSA.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Mar 8th 2017, 5:44 PM #367622

392 per box score.  But you were probably rounding up.
Back to the top