Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Footbal Summer Marketing and use of Lane

For the OSF members they sent out the spring practice schedule the other day and it got me thinking that we have not seen anything with how they are going to use Lane to sell tickets.
There is seems to a bit of dependency for the current season tickets /OSF members to bring in more fans, but my issue with that is if know me and I'm sure its like this with the other die hard owl fans you have heard me talk about FAU football 1000000 times and if you were going to go with me it would have happen by now.

We have not seen anything major marketing since sighing day and we are not school that can take the foot off the gas.
They had lets sell X amount of tickets in January/February drive, but why isn't that theme every month until August?
Does marketing have plan to let more young alumni know about the young alumni tickets plans? Like letting people know at graduation.
Maybe June can be lets sell 250 young alumni seats!
P.S. Parking passes for those tickets should be the orange lot. (I can make a whole post about my issues with parking)

They also have to do the summer ''tour" that Charlie has done in the past and I am sure they will draw much bigger numbers with Lane and many none owl fans will show up to catch a glimpse of Lane, but it will be a free commercial for us to maybe sell tickets to people who can not catch their teams who may be far away. I do not care if UT fans buy tickets to boo him every week.

Also marketing needs to come up with a but of stomp speech for Lane.

After hearing Lane on with the herd I was angry because it was 10 min of Colin touching himself to the thought of how good a coach Pete Carol is. There was not a single FAU directed question. Now I get people do not turn into hear about FAU, but the SID can work with them and say hey you have him for 10 min 3-4 min has to be FAU focused here is some talking points.  
Back to the top

Lane is on with Le batard today
Back to the top

I agree that the "let's hope FAU fans bring their friends" strategy is not going to get us that far.

Graduation is a great time to push for (at least table for) young alumni ticket packages.

I doubt Lane will stump as hard as Partridge but I'm surprised he hasn't been more involved with LaVicka's crew. I think he's done one interview with them? VS several with national outlets. I expect that to change though, what with the weekly coaches show and all.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I agree that the "let's hope FAU fans bring their friends" strategy is not going to get us that far.

Graduation is a great time to push for (at least table for) young alumni ticket packages.

I doubt Lane will stump as hard as Partridge but I'm surprised he hasn't been more involved with LaVicka's crew. I think he's done one interview with them? VS several with national outlets. I expect that to change though, what with the weekly coaches show and all.

Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 12:28 PM #367882

The only issue is with the Ken crew is kinda the same as "bring your friends" anyone who listens to Ken knows everything to know about FAU football and how to get tickets.
We need to reach fresh blood.
As I have said on this fourm before they need to pound the pavement to sell out out stadium.
Having Lane do the summer tour doesn't cost much anything and he will bring out new people and have our season ticket people right there ready to pounce on anyone interested.
The whole advantage of having Lane is his fame why wouldn't we take advantage of it?
Doing a few national shows doesn't sell tickets to FAU VS MTSU.
Also it's about getting lifelong fans.
We need to sell 500 young alumni tickets every year and hope that a percent of that gets hooked and comes back. Or the the casual Bama that might come to FAU games because they can't be in Tuscaloosa every weekend.

Back to the top

Charge On Tour Announced - UCFKnights.com | General

Charlie was able to get the FAU die hard fans out to these events, but Lane will expand the audience.

Some if these venues are pretty big like ABY.

Lane will draw fans no matter where he goes and it will be on out team to get information and sell tickets while they are there.

Back to the top

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Back to the top

I also agree that football should be marketing the heck out of the opening game with Navy.  They are a relatively big name team coming in on the opening weekend with a lot of enthusiasm for a new coach and a highly-regarded recruiting class.  Throw in that it is a holiday weekend at the beach and it should be a no-brainer for a marketing guy (or gal) to come up with a catchy slogan and a campaign.  I am a new fan with a daughter enrolling for the Fall, and we are very excited.  But I would be coming anyway - this is an opportunity to try and lure the casual fan or the people who have just heard the sporting waves that have been made because of the hire of Lane Kiffin.

On a separate note, I have posted this before, and gotten mostly the same answers, but now I am getting ready to buy my season tickets.  Based on earlier suggestions, I am looking at getting 4 tickets in section 203.  I ***think*** those allow me to park in the Silver lot (also recommended previously).  We want to get seats that are on the end of the row, and my options are to be a little lower but on the end closer to the 25 yard line, or a little higher (think it is row Z) and be on the end that is a little closer to the 35 AND it would appear should have full shade for late afternoon/evening games.  I was probably going to opt for the higher seats.  Does that sound like a good plan for both the seats and the parking?

Back to the top

@Owldad…I have moved three times since the stadium opened. I have been looking for "the best spot". I moved from low section 103 because of sun and the fact that the players blocked my view of the north end of the field.Moved to mid section 203, as far towards the 50 as possible.Shade not early enough. Moved to mid 206. Found the shade ,but wanted to be closer. Will be moving to lower section 206 this season. It may take you a season to find your favorite seats. Test out a couple spots by simply moving around. There are plenty of open seats to test. Good luck.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888

Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888
Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:05 PM #367935
Why?  This is an entirely new coaching staff so we don't know what we have.  If we are healthy and they are taught to stay in their lanes we should be able to compete on defensive side and I think we should have the upper hand on the other side of the ball.  

I am not predicting victory at this point because we just don't know what we have but I am certain it's going to be a lot better than what we have had the last few years.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: