Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Footbal Summer Marketing and use of Lane

Best time to play an O like Navy, Ga. Tech, etc… is with time to prepare -  1st game of season and Bowl games!!!!

And DC Kiffin teaches to get in backfield and blow up plays - the option IS prone to turnovers! AND Navy has to break in another new QB who was pretty good and ran for more than twice the nearest RB! Leading WR (40 catches to next highest TEN (yes 10!)) gone too.

7 starters on O gone and 6 on D PLUS both kickers.

Home opener for Coach K, this could very well happen guys, I am calling for the upset myself!

And would not mind meeting them in a Bowl game for a rematch! :cool:
Back to the top

Dusky, I'm  with you. We have athletes. This coaching staff will get the most out of them. As of today, the Navy game is a possible win. They don't scare me to the point of writing it off. And Georgia Owl, great post. Nice facts to make your point.Nicely done.
Back to the top

Just thought of one other thing about our D. We have an asset, walking our sidelines, that is priceless when it comes to defenses. He goes by the name of Monte. Defensive genius !!
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888

Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:05 PM #367935

Why do we have pick a game to show case?
How about we sell season tickets….
Nothing says great job by the ticket office if we have 25k for Navy and 10k for MTSU.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

teambeer said

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888

Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:05 PM #367935

Why do we have pick a game to show case?
How about we sell season tickets….
Nothing says great job by the ticket office if we have 25k for Navy and 10k for MTSU.
Posted On: Mar 24th 2017, 11:11 AM #367946

True, but beating Navy at home will help start us on that course! Gotta prove ourselves ON THE FIELD, something we have not done for nearly 10 years now!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Though I agree that our university could do a far better job gaining interest, at some point the product on the field has to assist in the sales process. You can have the best sales people on the planet but if your business consistently doesn't deliver, you're done. 

Right now, I think leveraging the potential upset, watching a "marquee" team, it's only one game let's see if you have a good time sort of effort would be best. Pack the house for Navy, light up the scoreboard and then hand out season ticket info to everyone leaving th stadium who said "damn, that was a great time! And we can do it all fall for only $100 a head? Let's do it"

I don't know how many cars you've bought without test driving it but it's a bad practice. Actually, were like the Hyundai Genesis of college football. Great game day/driving experience but not a marquee name so you have to convince people to drive one before they'd consider it long term. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Owl2Doc said

I agree that the "let's hope FAU fans bring their friends" strategy is not going to get us that far.

Graduation is a great time to push for (at least table for) young alumni ticket packages.

I doubt Lane will stump as hard as Partridge but I'm surprised he hasn't been more involved with LaVicka's crew. I think he's done one interview with them? VS several with national outlets. I expect that to change though, what with the weekly coaches show and all.

Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 12:28 PM #367882

The only issue is with the Ken crew is kinda the same as "bring your friends" anyone who listens to Ken knows everything to know about FAU football and how to get tickets.
We need to reach fresh blood.
As I have said on this fourm before they need to pound the pavement to sell out out stadium.
Having Lane do the summer tour doesn't cost much anything and he will bring out new people and have our season ticket people right there ready to pounce on anyone interested.
The whole advantage of having Lane is his fame why wouldn't we take advantage of it?
Doing a few national shows doesn't sell tickets to FAU VS MTSU.
Also it's about getting lifelong fans.
We need to sell 500 young alumni tickets every year and hope that a percent of that gets hooked and comes back. Or the the casual Bama that might come to FAU games because they can't be in Tuscaloosa every weekend.

Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 12:53 PM #367884

Hate to tell ya oc40 but we need the klv listeners too they don't need to know how to buy tickets they need to know WHY to buy . Casual fans don't buy season tickets unless they get motivated
Back to the top

MEMPHIS averaged over 40K at home thanks to the success the Justin Fuente (remen=mber THSAT name?) brought to them.

Memphis, like FAU, was a loser program with no fans(in and BIG OLD CRAPPY off campus stadium!) before he got there.

OUR TURN!!!!!!! :cool:
Back to the top

Defense from what I saw looked good. Offense not so much but that will come with de'andre getting in sync with his wr's.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

And we don't even have the new signings here in camp - wait til fall when the talent level ratchets WAY UP!
Back to the top
Control functions: