Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Footbal Summer Marketing and use of Lane

Just gotta pray the JUCOS get all their JC academics completed!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

teambeer said

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888
Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:05 PM #367935
Why?  This is an entirely new coaching staff so we don't know what we have.  If we are healthy and they are taught to stay in their lanes we should be able to compete on defensive side and I think we should have the upper hand on the other side of the ball.  

I am not predicting victory at this point because we just don't know what we have but I am certain it's going to be a lot better than what we have had the last few years.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:18 PM #367936

I will revisit this post after the game…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

teambeer said

Or just pick one and get people hooked from there. We should be marketing the living daylights out of that Navy game to get a crowd. As long as we don't get blown out like WKU did to us in game 1 of the stadium we can show people a good time. We have an amazing venue and I am sure that the product will be fun to watch, that's a recipe For success. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2017, 8:35 PM #367888
Maybe we pick a different game to showcase?  I've got a bad feeling about our defense stopping a running attack like Navy's.  A real bad feeling.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:05 PM #367935
Why?  This is an entirely new coaching staff so we don't know what we have.  If we are healthy and they are taught to stay in their lanes we should be able to compete on defensive side and I think we should have the upper hand on the other side of the ball.  

I am not predicting victory at this point because we just don't know what we have but I am certain it's going to be a lot better than what we have had the last few years.
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2017, 3:18 PM #367936

I will revisit this post after the game…

Posted On: Mar 27th 2017, 3:59 PM #368004

Fair enough, beer for the one closer to the outcome.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Six more months. I can't wait.
Back to the top

Looks like we may get some needed help at Center. JUCO transfer
Back to the top

6'1" 300 lb. Bulldozer with GREAT EFFORT!!!!! Crisp accurate snaps - IMPORTANT!!!!!

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/pierre-byrd/ERPmXvTuEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm
Back to the top

Back to marketing!

Lane will be on Clay Travis's show tomorrow for a full hour!

Clay is a big college football voice and has a ton of followers and he tends to speak his mind and says what ever he wants because his out kick kinda runs it's self and he is his own boss.

Out of the hour all I ask for is 10 min of Lane talking up FAU because if we do not make that happen FAU will not be mentioned once and Clay will ask Lane about everything else.

We just need to Lane talk about how he was surprised how much FAU wants to win and that they are making big boy steps with the program IE Stadium, new building etc.

They can go back to talk about Lane hooking up with 18 year old talk right after that.

We have coach who control the spot light and can we please make sure he shines some of it on us.
Back to the top

Here is a GREAT story about Coach K;

Rivals.com - With recruits, Kiffin's past doesn't stretch past Alabama

Right up the alley of why MARKETING HIM NOW IS SO IMPORTANT TO FAU!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Here is a GREAT story about Coach K;

Rivals.com - With recruits, Kiffin's past doesn't stretch past Alabama

Right up the alley of why MARKETING HIM NOW IS SO IMPORTANT TO FAU!
Posted On: Mar 29th 2017, 1:06 PM #368016

Exactly, 17 year old kids don't care what happened 10 years ago.  That's why fiu has Butch who?  :Big-Grin:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU social's media is not being fully taken advantage of

Last week Lane threw out a first pitch at the spring training game and they tweeted about FB etc.

One article on how Lane was wearing his agent's company shirt and they delete the tweet…..

1st it shows again nobody is thinking about this before they tweet on how the public would react.
2nd Backtracking just makes it look worse your just admitting you messed up when it wasn't even a big deal.

On Clay Travis's show he joked that FAU should do a Joey Saltwater promo as a joke and it would be fun for our marketing team.
They should be doing things like this!! This their chance to get followers on twitter and views on FB.
Has anyone seen how Wendy's run their twitter?

They literally go back and fourth with people who criticize them.
This has giving them a lot of fun publicity.Wendy’s Is Roasting People On Twitter, And It’s Just Too Funny | Bored Panda

We do not have to go to that level, but show something more than tweeting a 35 sec clip of players running drills and athletes B-DAY. Just be creative!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: