Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

AUDIO: Coach Lane Kiffin on Outkick the Competition - Full Interview

AUDIO: Coach Lane Kiffin on Outkick the Competition - Full Interview
Back to the top

Spoiler alert: it's mostly reminiscing about USC, Alabama, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban. No FAU practice insight.

Which is understandable but I'm over it now. 

Hopefully we're not still talking about these same things in a year or the FAU Radio Show will be the only one asking the head football coach at FAU about the football team at FAU.
Back to the top

Actually a great interview...Joey Freshwater!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Already a half dozen articles up about this interview already. Bleh. They'll run anything he says about Alabama.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Already a half dozen articles up about this interview already. Bleh. They'll run anything he says about Alabama.
Posted On: Mar 30th 2017, 8:33 PM #368034

It was NOT all about Alabama, much of what he said had to do with FAU and why he is here.

Why so negative?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Mar 30th 2017, 8:33 PM #368034

It was NOT all about Alabama, much of what he said had to do with FAU and why he is here.

Why so negative?
Posted On: Mar 30th 2017, 8:38 PM #368035

AGREED! THE WORLD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT FAU - YET!

BUT THE WAY IT ENDED AT BAMA FOR HIM IS SOAP OPERAISH!

I think the way it went the yaer before with Kirby going to UGA after the playoffs and then the D giving up 40 (thank God for Bama that the Kiffin O put up 45!!!!!). THAT made Saint Nick a bit concerned (read paranoid) about another sub par game by a leaving coordinator - and to me he gave NO credit to the Washington D being pretty good!

But it has given FAU and Coach K even more free press and to me makes his succeeding here even MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM THAN BEFORE.  He HAS TO prove his enemies wrong!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I think you are both right to a certain level.

This talk should be put in the marketing thread because it goes hand and hand.

We have to remember that Lane is using this job as a way to "rebuild his image" and we are using him to get top level coaching and national attention.

Lane as you can see Lane will answer questions honestly and that's one thing that people hate for some crazy reason.

People say they hate coach speak but sports fans love the cliché's like "how you practice is how you play"
"we just come out here and try and get better" etc.
I do wish out marketing team would put something together and work with the SID to help FAU take advantage of when he is on a national show.

Just have him talk about what FAU is building here and if the host doesn't like it they can call another coach willing to talk to them for an hour……

Back to the top
Control functions: