Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IDEA: Dream FAU Baseball Stadium?

Add topic

Hello Everyone!

FAU Baseball Stadium seems like it has a lower quality than the team that plays in it. The stadium is due for either a renovation or a complete rebuild. So, if you had unlimited money and resources, what type of ball park would you like to see the Owls play in? 

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten response considering people are always talking about wanting a new baseball stadium AND it's baseball season.

We'll never need an Alex Box. But I think we definitely deserve a nice stadium with state-of-the-art amenities. That's the easy thing to say.

Architecturally I think we could do some interesting things by working the "blue wave" concept into the design, like a grand lobby entrance with blue tinted glass that resembles a wave. For instance, and not this exact thing, but consider the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh's glass facade:

…sort of has that swooping visual energy with the glass on an otherwise very orthodox building. We could do something interesting with that.

Ideally I'd actually like to see a design with a new baseball stadium and a new softball stadium sharing a grand lobby so that both facilities benefit. I'd like to see a small FAU baseball museum, maybe tables around a fountain like the Universal Studios globe, but with a baseball instead. Big flat screen TVs, banners with pictures of our pro players, trophy case… that's all the entrance/main area.

For the actual stadium, I would like to see everybody in seatbacks with big awnings and fans to eliminate sun exposure - people shouldn't be roasting in their seats for hours. Flat screens would hang down from the awnings and show stats and, when things are in a lull, something to entertain people in the downtime.

Replay boards in the outfield, indoor batting cages, an extensive locker room, all that stuff obviously.

And the greatest bathrooms ever seen in the history of college baseball.
Back to the top

Maybe Baseball people are more realistic. Bluntly,most of the posts about new baseball and basketball facilities are impossible dreams right now. No need to discuss it.
Back to the top
Control functions: