Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Spring Game Thread

Add topic

Started a spring game thread so people can give some hot takes.

I have been to a couple practices now and from what I can see this team with be fun if nothing else.
All the RB'S are as good as everyone thinks and we should win some game by simply pudding the rock 50 times between, Motor, Buddy. De Andre and Whyte. We have also have enough WR's who can for two teams and that doesn't include the incoming guys.

It also appears that DeAndre is pulling away with the job. The speed and the ability to drive the ball down field seems to separate him from the rest. He does throw a head scratcher sometimes but that should get better with timing and experience.

As for the defense it is hard to tell this spring. We could have 6-7 new starters come the 1st game when you include guys like Al, Hunter and Ray are all out with injuries and throw in the 5 Juco guy who will be here in the summer no one can even give the D a true grade.
It will help in the long run though that many guys are seeing a lot of playing time this spring who normally wouldn't and should help with depth.

The secondary seems to be improved especially the CB's who have some nice depth. Chris Tooly is a player!

I also want to point out how much I love Lane's honesty with he media. It's rare coaches on daily bases tell you he is worried about certain positions  groups or that they are unhappy with an effort for some practices.  
Back to the top

Here is the scoring format for the 2017 Spring Game:

Offense Scoring
Touchdown – 6
Field Goals – 3
Two Point Conversion – 2
Extra Point – 1

Defensive Scoring
Touchdown – 6
Three and Out – 5
Drive and Stop – 3
Fumble Recovery – 3
Interception - 3

Back to the top

Rick said

Here is the scoring format for the 2017 Spring Game:

Offense Scoring
Touchdown – 6
Field Goals – 3
Two Point Conversion – 2
Extra Point – 1

Defensive Scoring
Touchdown – 6
Three and Out – 5
Drive and Stop – 3
Fumble Recovery – 3
Interception - 3

Posted On: Apr 20th 2017, 4:30 PM #368415
Seems like an advantage for the D to me.

But glad it will put emphasis and importance on the O moving the ball, get that all important first 1st down of EVERY O possession. Get Momentum on O going and keep D off the field and fresh!!!!!!!!! AND NO TURNOVERS!

Ya'll have fun, wish I could be down there.:smile:PICS AND VIDEOS GUYS, PLEASE!!!!!
Back to the top

Details for tomorrow:

The event if free to attend.

The first 500 fans into FAU Stadium will receive a Owlsley bobble head.

Parking lots will open at noon with activities taking place just outside FAU Stadium.

Gates open at 3 p.m. with kickoff at 4 p.m.

The first half will be live with the second half still TBD.

Quarters will be timed 15 minute periods.

Halftime will be shortened.

The quarterbacks will not be live.
Back to the top

McIlroy and Zarzour just called 7-8 win season on the back of Johnson this year for the Owls! 

Sadly, Taylor also predicts Lane pulls the train out of the station after one season. 

8 wins…man that's been a long time
Back to the top

Any specific gate we have to enter through?  
Back to the top

owl in training said

Any specific gate we have to enter through?  
Posted On: Apr 21st 2017, 8:09 AM #368420

Gate 1 Fans

Gate 5 Students
Back to the top

teambeer said

McIlroy and Zarzour just called 7-8 win season on the back of Johnson this year for the Owls! 

Sadly, Taylor also predicts Lane pulls the train out of the station after one season. 

8 wins…man that's been a long time
Posted On: Apr 21st 2017, 7:33 AM #368419

That could be but will ONE 8 win season in CUSA get Coach K and his staff where they want, in Coaching terms - a GOOD Power 5 gig? I don't think so. I think two or three years MINIMUM of sustained success will be needed for the BigBoys to give him another shot as the man.

AND

Read the new article from ESPN;

How Alabama Crimson Tide and Nick Saban have influenced Lane Kiffin

Sounds like he REALLY likes it here in Boca, now imagine he starts winng some, or even big time and is adored in S. Florida….we WILL lose his assistants but he might just stay longer than many think!

REAL GOOD ARTICLE BY THE WAY - BEST EVER ON HIM.

The press is starting to LIKE his story and his being picked on by big bad St. Nick - whom MANY in the press hate by the way! WAY TOO ARROGANT!!!!!
Back to the top

By the way, here is another new story out on Bama and St. Nick criticizing the coaching of Hurts late last year;

Lane Kiffin publicly disputes Nick Saban's assessment of Bama's QB - SBNation.com

St. Nick, ya played three very good D's late last year with a freshman QB. ya won 2 of 3 -give it a break bud!!!!

P.S. - ya lost the one AFTER ya let Lane walk (or fired him) ya friggin idiot. Oh, and your D is WAY overrated - nearly 80 points to Clemson the past TWO (2) GAMES!
Back to the top

Driskel starts. Singletary getting lot of touches for the offense in the first half. Takes one in from 21 yards out to get them on the board.  #FAU D 8  O 7
Back to the top
Control functions: