Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 NFL Draft Thread - Myles Garrett No. 1 pick!

Add topic

I post this as I am biased to our own STUD DE but I think Garrett is a HUGE STRETCH - ESPECIALLY AT NO. 1 OVERALL!!!!

These are his SENIOR year playing state; 33 Tackles, 8.5 Sacks, 15 tackles for loss, 2 Forced Fumbles and 1 Blocked Kick.

He missed 2 games with injuries and this is what he did in his game vs. UTSA;
7 Tackles, 4 sacks, 4 tackles for Loss, and 1 Forced Fumble.

So only 4.5 sacks vs. Power 5 competition - NOT GREAT NUMBERS!

And he takes many plays off while OUR STUD DE plays his heart out every play! Trey has HEART AND ABILITY and will be a better pro and I think Cleveland has got another Texas A&M 1 st round pick whom is way overrated!!!!
Back to the top

The Bears traded away 2 3rd round and a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot and that a college QB who has started 13 games. Looks like Cre'von is safe up there. He WAS their best DB last year anyhow!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I post this as I am biased to our own STUD DE but I think Garrett is a HUGE STRETCH - ESPECIALLY AT NO. 1 OVERALL!!!!

These are his SENIOR year playing state; 33 Tackles, 8.5 Sacks, 15 tackles for loss, 2 Forced Fumbles and 1 Blocked Kick.

He missed 2 games with injuries and this is what he did in his game vs. UTSA;
7 Tackles, 4 sacks, 4 tackles for Loss, and 1 Forced Fumble.

So only 4.5 sacks vs. Power 5 competition - NOT GREAT NUMBERS!

And he takes many plays off while OUR STUD DE plays his heart out every play! Trey has HEART AND ABILITY and will be a better pro and I think Cleveland has got another Texas A&M 1 st round pick whom is way overrated!!!!
Posted On: Apr 27th 2017, 8:33 PM #368549

This is my favorite part of the draft. The arm chair GM who has probably watched maybe one A&M over the last two years and has watched zero film. Yet he as 2-3 draft reports and he coached high school football a couple decades ago so it makes him an expert.
Back to the top

Well I knew Johnny football would be a bust. Besides this is what sports forums are for.

Just sayin I think he is overrated and his GAME numbers prove this. But evaluating talent at the next level is difficult as they are as many flops as unexpected stars and that is with the "professionals" doing it.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Well I knew Johnny football would be a bust. Besides this is what sports forums are for.

Just sayin I think he is overrated and his GAME numbers prove this. But evaluating talent at the next level is difficult as they are as many flops as unexpected stars and that is with the "professionals" doing it.

Posted On: Apr 28th 2017, 10:55 AM #368552

Maybe but did you know that 9 of the first 32 were 5 star players including 3 former number 1 overall recruits.

Only 5 of the 32 were 3 stars or under.

But stars don't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I think stars do matter. As I have said, Bama does NOT go after 3 and NEVER 2 star recruits. They settle for a 3 star only if they have to. I think Coach K and company believe in the rating services as well, they all come form Power 5 programs.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The Bears traded away 2 3rd round and a 4th round pick to move up 1 spot and that a college QB who has started 13 games. Looks like Cre'von is safe up there. He WAS their best DB last year anyhow!!!
Posted On: Apr 27th 2017, 8:56 PM #368550

Cre'von should be good to go.  From what I saw last season he looked good.  Hopefully DJ makes it back on the field this year, and Reaser gets better.
Back to the top

CONFERENCE USA’S 2017 NFL DRAFTEES

Round   Overall              Player                                  Pos.           C-USA School                NFL Team

Second   38                      Forrest Lamp                        OL              WKU                                 Los Angeles Chargers
Third       65                      Larry Ogunjobi                     DT              Charlotte                           Cleveland Browns
Third       72                      Taywan Taylor                     WR             WKU                                 Tennessee Titans
Third       82                      Carlos Henderson                WR             Louisiana Tech                 Denver Broncos
Third       100                    Jonnu Smith                         TE              FIU                                   Tennessee Titans
Third       103                    Trey Hendrickson                 DE              Florida Atlantic                  New Orleans Saints
Back to the top

More from CUSA than the Big12 in 1st 3 rounds - AMAZING STAT!
Back to the top

Dillon DeBoer & Tyler Cameron sign NFL UDFA contracts
Back to the top
Control functions: