Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

Add topic

The97Revolution said

The City Council Workshop concerning 20th Street was today. You can find the video here: https://www.myboca.us/129/Agendas-Minutess under "City Council Workshop May 22,2017." I'm sure Owl2Doc will go into more detail in his blog, but here are some highlights:
  • Feedback from the December 2016 Summit from the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council
  • There needs to be a lot of analysis of Student Housing and the Industrial District.
  • Recommendations included fixing the street for pedestrians, bikes, and other transportation forms.
  • Recommended Marketing and Branding Push (#Rename20th Coming Back?)
  • There should be coordination in FAU's Boca Campus Master Plan being written this summer.
  • Recommended working on a Town/Gown Relationship between city and FAU, as well as public/private partnerships.
  • Push for increase in On-Campus Housing and possibly Freshmen/Sophomore Housing Requirement in the future?
  • Recommended committee between the city and the university in planning 20th Street.
Also, it was nice to finally get to meet you Owl2Doc, even though I did not put two and two together at the time. 
Posted On: May 22nd 2017, 7:04 PM #368913

Maybe FAU should appoint one or two people to be liaison's between the city and university. These folks would attend all meetings and report back to the President of the University, that way the communication lane is kept open, and so there is no confusion. That is my thought.
Back to the top

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

100% agreed USMC!
Back to the top

Here is a recent article from The Boca Raton Tribune (thanks @Dusky for sending to me) regarding 20th Street. We get a mention and quote about half way through. Nothing earth-shattering but wanted to share:

http://www.bocaratontribune.com/bocaratonnews/2017/06/fau-looks-to-shed-commuter-school-label-with-plans-for-college-town/
Back to the top

"Official merchandise store"

:Big-Grin:

Move over barnes and noble, you're second fiddle…
Back to the top

fauowl said

Here is a recent article from The Boca Raton Tribune (thanks @Dusky for sending to me) regarding 20th Street. We get a mention and quote about half way through. Nothing earth-shattering but wanted to share:

http://www.bocaratontribune.com/bocaratonnews/2017/06/fau-looks-to-shed-commuter-school-label-with-plans-for-college-town/
Posted On: Jun 15th 2017, 8:45 PM #369200

Read article last night. Good read. I'm gonna keep an close eye on this and hope some developers would hire my firm to help them design their projects.
Back to the top

It was a really good article, highlighted the high and low points of the the project. It was really well written. I can't wait to find out more updates on the project.
Back to the top

South end of the Breezeway has re-opened, per Twitter. I'm sure it shores up some needed infrastructure issues (leaking, electricity, etc).

But we had all those charrettes with the FAU community contributing great ideas for a complete rebirth for this "iconic" walkway and they… add a light strip and paint it Ohio State colors? I hope there's still work to be done here. I hope the bathrooms and second floor look great (I've moved out of state for work and can't get to campus until December when I visit Florida again).

I hope the middle and north ends are better renovations. Because this is so disappointing.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

South end of the Breezeway has re-opened, per Twitter. I'm sure it shores up some needed infrastructure issues (leaking, electricity, etc).

But we had all those charrettes with the FAU community contributing great ideas for a complete rebirth for this "iconic" walkway and they… add a light strip and paint it Ohio State colors? I hope there's still work to be done here. I hope the bathrooms and second floor look great (I've moved out of state for work and can't get to campus until December when I visit Florida again).

I hope the middle and north ends are better renovations. Because this is so disappointing.

Posted On: Jul 12th 2017, 8:38 PM #369397

Hey everything was beige for 50 years, so Ohio State colors is an upgrade. Go Buckeyes!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Hey everything was beige for 50 years, so Ohio State colors is an upgrade. Go Buckeyes!
Posted On: Jul 12th 2017, 8:46 PM #369399

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jul 12th 2017, 8:46 PM #369399

sh*t brown is a better color than Ohio colors.   :Winking:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I was there yesterday, There are Navy columns as well, they just aren't in frame. I also saw that they redid the entire lobby and most of the first floor of the library, looks way nicer. 
Back to the top
Control functions: