Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Conference USA Baseball Tournament Thread

Add topic

FAU avoids the shutout as Kerr sends one over the wall.

Moving on the the fifth, Rice leads 10-1.
Back to the top

Rice continues to pour it on, adding three more runs off of Florida Atlantic's fourth pitcher of the game - Weston Clemente.

FAU 1  Rice 13

Bot 5th

Back to the top

Florida Atlantic manages just a single in their turn for the fifth and retire Rice in order to begin the sixth.

They do however put another mark on the scoreboard as Kerr blasts his second homer of the game.

Sean Labsan will check in for Clemente on the hill.

FAU 2  Rice 13

Top 7th

Back to the top

FINAL:

FAU 2  Rice 13

Florida Atlantic is run ruled on Saturday against Rice and will conclude the 2017 Conference USA Tournament 2-2. Cameron Ragsdale (2-3) took the loss, and Stephen Kerr hit two home runs to highlight the scoring for FAU.

Rice (30-29) notched a two-run home run in both the first and third innings, but by all accounts, put FAU (35-21-1) away with a six-run fourth. In that frame, two FAU errors and five Rice hits sent 11 batters to the plate.

“We just ran into a buzzsaw,” said Head Coach John McCormack. “Rice has really been playing well down the stretch. We didn’t pitch great but I didn’t think we pitched terrible. I was talking to the home plate umpire and he said our guys made some good pitches, they’re just on a roll. You see that in these tournaments.”

The Owls will learn their potential postseason fate on Monday during the official NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Selection Show. The one-hour live special begins at noon on ESPN2 and will announce the entirety of the 64-team field for the various regionals.
Back to the top

Coach Mac's reverse rotation had the same results when Ragsdale closed. Tough to win when you are in an instant hole. Good season. Not great. I think coach has some more info on his arms for next season. Kerr ended his FAU career in a great way. Quality baseball player. Football can't get here fast enough.
Back to the top

We better sign at least one IMMEDIATE starter for next season, or we will suffer the same fate again next season.

House comes back, and Miednik has one year left.

But we have to have a true ace.

Oh, and a closer would be very nice as well!

Back to the top

Funny..those are the same things every other college team is looking for. College baseball is a tough coaching job. Kids have a lot of choices in Florida.
Back to the top

We have never looked for an ace until two years ago.  We've always had one and sometimes two.  And a closer as well. This is a recent trend for us….
Back to the top

I think John is looking for an Ace every day. I know what you mean. Our need has never been so obvious.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think John is looking for an Ace every day. I know what you mean. Our need has never been so obvious.
Posted On: May 27th 2017, 6:45 PM #369004

Amen to that!
Back to the top
Control functions: