Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Places to Stay and Go for The Navy Game?

Local Owl said

I agree that Mizner area is great. I go there from time to time.But Atlantic Ave has way more options. Not only type of food . But also price point. And the fact that it ends at the ocean is a plus. All my out of town family stay either at Marriot or Seagate.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 5:43 AM #369100

The Colony is pretty cool for the old school experience and in the middle of the Ave.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

If you're not going to stay in Boca and have never been to Florida, I say stay in Ft Lauderdale along the beach…..you're only 30 mins from the stadium….you can get great hotel rates at the end of the summer on the beach there but gotta book early for that weekend though….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Every year, teams that play in the Orange Bowl (MiamimGardens) ,one of the two teams stay at Delray's Marriott. Can't get more Florida than that. Boston's on the Beach and Sand Bar are crawling distance to the hotel. Dozens of eateries and bars along the 1 mile avenue. Research a little and make a choice. Both the Ave and Mizner are first class places. Can't miss with either.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Straying a little off-topic of how the thread is progressing, but regarding the home game schedule - do you guys have recommendations of the best places to stay for a 1 or 2-night football weekend?  We'll probably get a condo and make a 4-day trip out of the Navy/home opener/Labor Day weekend, but I was wondering if there was a place other out-of-towners usually stayed at for football weekends?
Posted On: Jun 6th 2017, 8:12 PM #369096

The Subject of the thread also asks places to go so I will add that there is a great place just off campus to get FAU Gear. It's on 20th Street.  Stop by and say hello. It's called It's Owl Time. It gets a little crazy on game day so if you don't prefer crazy, we suggest to check it out the day before the game.

Go Owls!

Back to the top

fauowl said

owlsdad said

Straying a little off-topic of how the thread is progressing, but regarding the home game schedule - do you guys have recommendations of the best places to stay for a 1 or 2-night football weekend?  We'll probably get a condo and make a 4-day trip out of the Navy/home opener/Labor Day weekend, but I was wondering if there was a place other out-of-towners usually stayed at for football weekends?

The Subject of the thread also asks places to go so I will add that there is a great place just off campus to get FAU Gear. It's on 20th Street.  Stop by and say hello. It's called It's Owl Time. It gets a little crazy on game day so if you don't prefer crazy, we suggest to check it out the day before the game.

Go Owls!

Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 8:16 PM #369118

:-]

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlsdad said

Go Owls!

Posted On: Jun 7th 2017, 8:16 PM #369118
 :Yawn:And while on this particular subject (It's Owl Time), I have a story ya'll should love!

At my new mixed doubles ALTA team practice tonight, a new guy is there. I walk on the court and he says from accross the courts "Is that an Owl?"and gets all excited that I am wearing an FAU shirt to practice in. Turns out his brother went to FAU for 5 1/2 years (he says) and he goes on and on about the campus being so beautiful and the Stadium and Kifiin and….

SO COOL! Wear your Owl gear guys!
Back to the top
Control functions: