Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

According to Ryan Bartow, Kiffen just got his first 2020 commit. A QB from Miami . I can find on 247 if we are the #1 recruiting class of 2020 so far.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

According to Ryan Bartow, Kiffen just got his first 2020 commit. A QB from Miami . I can find on 247 if we are the #1 recruiting class of 2020 so far.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2017, 6:30 PM #367022

I guess this is called planning ahead - 3 classes ahead!
Back to the top

A couple of weeks ago some one posted something that used "SS" in the post. It took me a while to realize they were talking about a local news source. This morning I looked to see if SS had any FAU news. According to SS, nothing , at FAU sports, is news worthy. The Canes got a commit from a kid that wanted to go to FSU but would have been low on their depth chart. Gators have a smart basketball player. Noles have a good basketball team. FAU, nothing. This is from our local news paper. I know their job is to sell adds and papers ans subscriptions.But excluding FAU is reducing a potential customer. Never quite understood the SS and PBP's policies about the local University. I know we are small. But with their financial position, one would think  they would be looking for more customers.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

A couple of weeks ago some one posted something that used "SS" in the post. It took me a while to realize they were talking about a local news source. This morning I looked to see if SS had any FAU news. According to SS, nothing , at FAU sports, is news worthy. The Canes got a commit from a kid that wanted to go to FSU but would have been low on their depth chart. Gators have a smart basketball player. Noles have a good basketball team. FAU, nothing. This is from our local news paper. I know their job is to sell adds and papers ans subscriptions.But excluding FAU is reducing a potential customer. Never quite understood the SS and PBP's policies about the local University. I know we are small. But with their financial position, one would think  they would be looking for more customers.
Posted On: Feb 11th 2017, 6:36 AM #367028

That will change once we start winning.
Back to the top

I just came across this article on FAU signee Tyrek Tisdale, one of the late surprises on signing day pulled off by our great new staff;

Former Orlando Oak Ridge star Tyrek Tisdale signs with FAU - Orlando Sentinel

Great story and the fact he is another signee with "only a 2* ranking by 24/7 is just so stupid! He had 13 POWER 5 offers including UF, UM, Ohio St., WV, SC., Louisville and Maryland where he originally signed as a RB. How D'Anfernee McGriff is also only listed as a 2* is amazing to me as well (signed with UF, decomitted from Auburn - 2*, yea right!).

I just pray these great late signees qualify. Like Tyrek says in the story, Coack K does not want to be the top of CUSA, he wants us in the TOP 25! if they qualify and get on campus, the Baylor O is gonna be real fun to watch in CUSA!!!!!Not to mention the D being faster and much more aggressive!

Go Owls!!!!
Back to the top

I know I have asked this but…..

Does anyone know when the new HS and JUCO recruits are expected on campus and enrolled? Reading of places like UF having 17 new guys on campus with the last Summer period beginning up there?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Does anyone know when the new HS and JUCO recruits are expected on campus and enrolled? Reading of places like UF having 17 new guys on campus with the last Summer period beginning up there?
Posted On: Jun 23rd 2017, 3:06 PM #369258
 This week most got on campus, but their are a couple Juco guys they are still trying to get on campus. 1-2 Are not looking good.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jun 23rd 2017, 3:06 PM #369258
 This week most got on campus, but their are a couple Juco guys they are still trying to get on campus. 1-2 Are not looking good.
Posted On: Jun 23rd 2017, 4:06 PM #369260

Any idea who those may be? We need McNeal now more than ever!
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III (2) said

HUGE!! Owls land one of the most sought-after OT out of JuCo.

Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 10:48 AM #366556
Welp – doesn't look like he is going to make it to Boca. I was real high on him, but this is the risk going the JUCO route.
Back to the top

Actually the HS route too. JUCOS AND FBS full of talented players without the needed grades! Vast majority of schools have a minimum of one non qualifier.

Hopefully Joey gets his grades where they need to be and comes here next class. Get 'er done Joey!
Back to the top