Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New QB to the battle?

Add topic

The star system has been wrong before. But it has been correct many more times. Just sayin.
Back to the top

The star system was not created to evaluate talent, it was created to give fans reasons to discuss college football during the summer months when normally there would be no discussions, and to give jobs to people to generate buzz.

It is weighted heavily toward power 5 schools.  When FAU gets a 2 star recruit and then Alabama offers the same recruit, they go from 2 star to 4 star which shows the problem with the system.

Of course the power 5 conferences get the top star rated recruits because that's how the system is set up.

That's why you saw Howard trying to hide info on his recruits and I believe you will see Lane doing the same thing for the same reasons.  You start bragging about your recruits and a power 5 will come along and steal them.  

The coaches don't give a crap about star ratings.  The fans are the ones who give a crap about stars.  It is what keeps the discussion moving forward.  We get a ranking of 1/100,000 of a point above some other school in our conference and it lets us say we had a better recruiting class.

The only stat that matters is we have been 3-9 for the last 3 years.

Let's change that stat and then celebrate.

Owls Up!
Back to the top

It may not have been created for evaluation , but it seems to have evolved  into it. I must go now. I have some Mahi with my name on them.
Back to the top

"The only stat that matters is we have been 3-9 for the last 3 years.

Let's change that stat and then celebrate.

Owls Up!"

I agree with ya 1000% on this one Mark! Go Owls!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: