Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kylee Hanson leaving FAU for FSU

Add topic

Kylee Hanson leaving FAU

For a "chance to play in the women's college world series".

This does not sit well with me. No one recruited her, Joan made her what she is, and then she leaves the hand that fed her.

Back to the top

Kind of like free speech. She has the right to go to FSU. But dang !
Back to the top

One C-USA assistant (not FAU) resently told someone they work now not to let their football players graduate before their eligibility is up because the grad transfer.

Honeslty I don't blame her.
1st yea it is chance to play in the CWS we are not making it. Even in the year she was the best pitcher in the country we were knocked out of regionals. You saw how avg they were without her.
2nd Do you know for a fact that her and Joan got along at the end?
Back to the top

Rick said

Kylee Hanson leaving FAU

For a "chance to play in the women's college world series".

This does not sit well with me. No one recruited her, Joan made her what she is, and then she leaves the hand that fed her.

I understand what you are saying, but coaches have shown time and time again they have no loyalty to their players or the institutions that made them.  She did everything we could ask of her (and graduate early to boot), good luck to her and I hope she gets the opportunity she is looking for, unless of course we play FSU in a regional and just happen to knock her out!
Back to the top

Right, Joan has no loyalty to FAU and the players - only been here for 18 years.

OC40:

They had a "great relationship".

This has nothing to do with anything else but her desire to leave.
Back to the top

Rick said

Right, Joan has no loyalty to FAU and the players - only been here for 18 years.

OC40:

They had a "great relationship".

This has nothing to do with anything else but her desire to leave.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2017, 9:55 AM #369362

I am not specifically talking about Joan, we are lucky to have her.   I am just saying in general.  It's one of the few times a player actually has control of their situation under the NCAA.
Back to the top

We're not not taking in general, we're talking about an athlete that would not be where they are (at all) had it not been for the kind hand of FAU and its Coach. To leave this way is a joke and a slap in the face.

She is letting down the whole team for her own desires - plain and simple.

Anyway, moving on…just rubs me the wrong way entirely.

Back to the top

Rick said

We're not not taking in general, we're talking about an athlete that would not be where they are (at all) had it not been for the kind hand of FAU and its Coach. To leave this way is a joke and a slap in the face.

She is letting down the whole team for her own desires - plain and simple.

Anyway, moving on…just rubs me the wrong way entirely.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2017, 10:18 AM #369364

Yea really letting her team down just lol. She has one chance to do something that is really the peak of a women's softball career because not many play Pro. Yet middle age men get rubbed the wrong way because she doesn't want to come back and play in front of 25 parents every night and get knocked out in the first round. She doesn't owe a dam thing to FAU. FAU wants to keep players like this give her a reason to stay.
Back to the top

I REALLY hate to see her go but I can see her point, going to a top program for her last season. And it what Grad students get to do.

My daughter was recruited hard to FSU by JoAnne Graf to play shortstop for the Noles but my daughter was a bit burned out of that spot by her lame HS Coach and she just wanted to play Center by then. So that never happened and to bad for both as later the Seminoles lost the National title game as the SS there made 2 or 3 errrors and basically blew the game. She was a great player - but NOT a good SS!

Best of luck to ya Kylee, but very sorry to see you go!  :Crying2:
Back to the top

I hate to see Kylee leave as well, but it's not about us or loyalty. It's about what's best for her. She graduated. She is an Owl for life.

She was perfectly content to finish her career at FAU, but she got injured, she graduated, and a new opportunity presented itself.  

She's one of the best athletes to ever attend FAU, but she doesn't get the chance to go to the NFL, she doesn't get to go to the NBA, or the WNBA. She doesn't get to go to MLB.  Her best career path is education.

She's smart. I think she was FAU's student-athlete of the year last year. She graduated on time. Maybe FSU has a better Masters Degree for her career path.  Most regular students get their under grad and graduate degrees at different schools.

If FSU plays FAU at some point next year, I will root for FAU, of course, but if we do not play each other, I will root for her to win a National Championship.

She paid her dues. She graduated on time. Was a model student-athlete. I wish her nothing but the best.
Back to the top
Control functions: