Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Early Season Predictions

Here is my early Season predictions for the year.

Sept 1: Navy-21 FAU-27: FAU comes from behind in the last minute to beat Navy on Game Winning TD Drive.

Sept 9: FAU-10 Wisconsin-45: FAU points comes against the second and third team of my old home state Wisconsin Badgers who will dominate.

Sept 16: Bethune Cookman-21 FAU-28: FAU wins another squeaker of a contest as the defense holds off a late drive by Bethune Cookman to secure the victory.

Sept 23: FAU-35 Buffalo-14: FAU offense explodes for 35 points and the defense forces at least 3 turnovers of Buffalo's offense to win game number 3.

Sept 30: MTSU-38 FAU-35: FAU late game drive stalls outside the redzone as the Blue Raiders defense picks off either Jeff Driskell or DeAndre Johnson as time expires.

Oct 7: FAU-28 ODU-21: FAU holds on to win versus Old Dominion as the Owls get a key first down to run out the clock.

Oct 21: North Texas-28 FAU-31: FAU wins this game in overtime on a field goal after causing a turn over on North Texas's first possession of the overtime period.

Oct 28: FAU-21 WKU-49: WKU offense still proves to be too much to handle as they rack up over 600 yards of offense.

Nov 3: Marshall-42 FAU-35: A bad call setups up a game winning TD by Marshall as time expires.

Nov 11: FAU-35 Louisana Tech-31: FAU gets off the skid by getting a game winning touch down after holding Louisana Tech on their previous possession. 

Nov 18: FIU-21 FAU-49: FAU avenges last years lost in the Shula Bowl by winning this years contest and reclaiming the Shula Bowl Trophy.

Nov 25: FAU-27 Charlotte-20 FAU gets win number 8 as they turn the tables as Charolette game winning TD is negated by a bad call to finish the season Bowl Eligible the first time since 2013.

Prediction 8-4
Back to the top

Sounds good, I could live with that!!!! Actually 6-6 with a bowl win would be great to me!!!
Back to the top

Semantics, but we ought to beat BC by a pretty wide margin.  Other than that 8-4 here we come!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Here is my early Season predictions for the year.

Sept 1: Navy-21 FAU-27: FAU comes from behind in the last minute to beat Navy on Game Winning TD Drive.
Prediction 8-4
Posted On: Jul 19th 2017, 1:49 PM #369469

If we beat Navy, we should finish the season 11-1 w a loss to the Badgers.

Based on what I've seen from the spring game and suspensions. I can only predict improvement from the previous 3 years and 6-6 record. We have serious talent coming back and more coming in. We have a better staff to develop said talent. So I'm quite hopeful.
Back to the top

I never thought I'd be one to "give up" on my team, but to be honest I kind of did last year.  With the dismal play, work, and life taking over, I really did not want to spend the little bit of free time I had being dissapointed.  I still  wore my FAU pride, but certainly did not follow as much as I'd done in the past.  

I'm happy to say that I am actually excited about this season and am really looking forward to it.  My son is 3 now and I think the Marshall game will probably be his first FAU game.  My season prediction:  Smooth sailing and hopefully a bowl appearance.  I'd definitely take 6-6.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

USA Today 2017 C-USA Football Record Predictions…
Back to the top

WKU with a total of 2 losses? They play at illinois and at Vanderbilt, host LA Tech. MTSU and FAU. You expect me to believe they're only losing 1 ICC and 1 OCC game? How accurate have these prediction been in the past? :Thinking:
Back to the top

AND they lost the Coaching staff AND MANY top players from last year. Top TWO WR's, top RB, 117 career starts on the OL, top THREE tacklers!

They will still be good but…
Back to the top

They also just lost a starting corner due to season ending injury...
Back to the top

This is a total stab in the dark, as I don't have the background on FAU or even CUSA that you guys do:

Sept 1: Navy - L
Sept 9: Wisconsin - L
Sept 16: Bethune Cookman - W
Sept 23: Buffalo - W
Sept 30: MTSU - L
Oct 7: ODU - W
Oct 21: North Texas - W
Oct 28: WKU- L
Nov 3: Marshall - L
Nov 11: Louisiana Tech - L
Nov 18: FAU - W
Nov 25: Charlotte - W
Total: 6-6 and Bowl Eligible

I would expect the MTSU, Marshall, and Louisiana Tech games as targets for other possible wins.  Meaning 7 or 8 is not crazy.  I just like to under-promise and over-deliver, especially when it comes to expectations for the teams I pull for.  I am new to FAU, but not new to rooting for teams who have struggled for a long time (my alma mater is Western Carolina University, who are FCS and who haven't even really been mediocre save for a handful of seasons in the past 30+ years).  I also started out playing college football on scholarship for Furman (FCS-level) a REALLY long time ago, so I consider myself a little more than clueless regarding college football.

My longer-term prediction for FAU is that with the changes that are taking place, consistently getting 7 or 8 (or even more) wins seems more than realistic.  Location, facilities, and now money for coaches ***should*** lead to really good things, but not necessarily overnight.
Back to the top
Control functions: