Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hugh Freeze to resign from Ole Miss

Many seem to think Kiffin will be a top candidate.
Back to the top

Ron said

Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 9:21 PM #369498

Who thinks that?  
Back to the top

Ron said

The one person he saw tweet it out. He can't put his real name on here because everyone makes fun of him on twitter, and tweets out nonsense that no one responds too.
Back to the top

I'm a football fan. Not a football expert. Had Freeze quit two years from now,  had Lane had two improved FAU seasons, I would agree with "Ron". But my guess is Ole Miss will go get a top candidate. I have a feeling the good ole boys in Mississippi wouldn't mind seeing Lane fall flat on his face at FAU.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Ron said

The one person he saw tweet it out. He can't put his real name on here because everyone makes fun of him on twitter, and tweets out nonsense that no one responds too.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 10:43 PM #369501

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Ole Miss is going to get 1/3 of it's scholarships cut. They should have just wrote Nutt a check and told him to drop the law suit because that is what open the flood gates.

They also are trying to deflect all the recruiting allegations with this hooker story.   

They are trying to make seem like they are not firing him because the bull they were trying to lay on the us about the recruiting got exposed so they throw the coach under the bus because he may or may not have needed some loving on a long recruiting trip. Ole Miss wants to ac like they have some moral compass.

I honestly hope Ole Miss never win another football game in all of time.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Ron said

Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 10:43 PM #369501

It was more like two or three that I saw tweet it out. Also, apparently Paul Finebaum talked about it but I don't care to listen to what he said. I'm just trying to help keep you'all up to date on the latest Kiffen info.
Back to the top

To me, ANY coach who goes there is desperate, they are gonna get hammered REAL bad by the NCAA, this resignation (AKA firing!) just proves the case the NCAA alleges vs. Ol Miss!

Coach K HAD TO deal with the NCAA sanctions at USC after Carroll bailed on them and it hurt his team badly, yet he still won!
Back to the top

Lane was caught following multiple Ole Miss accounts last night after the news about Freeze broke. An Ole Miss coed even followed him and DMed him, begging for Lane to take his talents to Oxford.

Well, Lane just replied, and it's EXACTLY what Owl Nation wanted to hear:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'll be interested to see what she big "unemployed" names will say about this opening. Les Miles and Chip Kelly for example. I doubt they'll take the job, but I'm curious to see if they'll say something publicly.

I think Ole Miss will fill the void with a current coordinator from outside of Oxford. BUT, if I had to put money on the Rebels getting a current head coach, I'd go with SMU's Chad Morris.

Lots of rumors going around from the Florida schools, first from Lane, now from Charlie Strong. If I was a betting man, I'd bet everything that neither would even sniff at the job. If there's any coach who would talk to Ole Miss right now, I'd say it's Frost at UCF. But even then, I don't see a situation where he would leave Orlando for Oxford.

The Florida schools will be safe in this very late and scandalous rendition of coaching carousel.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: