Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Football Media Days

Kiffin says no clear QB. "Bunch of guys played, it will be exciting to see that competition (at camp). Those guys had a really good spring."
Back to the top

"Coming in on paper is one thing, but was very impressed in Spring with our skill guys on both sides of the ball".
Back to the top

"New players, whether its JUCO or four year transfers. There's going to be some new guys that really flash."

Kiffin on what to watch for in FAU this year.
Back to the top

Rick said

"New players, whether its JUCO or four year transfers. There's going to be some new guys that really flash."

Kiffin on what to watch for in FAU this year.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 10:42 AM #369492

Most telling quote of the interview.
Back to the top

Also rick according to the little schedule they flashed the UNCC game will be on the stadium network.
Back to the top

The Kiffen affect has us on the opening page of 247 Sports. Kiffen defending Briles story. This would never happen with out Lane.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The Kiffen affect has us on the opening page of 247 Sports. Kiffen defending Briles story. This would never happen with out Lane.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 7:15 PM #369496

Or Briles lol
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 20th 2017, 7:15 PM #369496

Everyone is such a hypocrite when it come to this story. People want to scream "he used sex to sell his program" yet they will tune into an ESPN game and every single time they cut back from commercial or cut to quick crowd  shot it always seems to be 18-22 hot girls in the 1st couple rows. Some please rewatch the UT ND game from last year. ESPN wasn't even trying to hide it, at one point I thought they were going to just cut to the freshmen girls dorm.
Here is couple video is perfect example of what I talking about

I a guy and I honestly don't care, but I also do not give an ounce of crap Kendal was telling some recruits they have hot chicks at the school.
Back to the top

ALL schools have hot chicks, ALL!
Back to the top

Here's some stuff our friend Adam Martinez at MeanGreen.com sent over after interviewing our guys on site during media days:

Lane Kiffin was tall, tanned, and surrounded by people trying to get a conversation with him. That is about as good of a summary of his brief time as FAU head coach thus far.

He was the star of the second day – the East's day – at CUSA Kickoff 2017 and was the most-sought after interview.

He spent his time defending hires, and discussing airplane seats. Everyone wanted to hear what he had to say about Alabama.

But what about the players? FAU brought Azeez Al-Shaair and Antonyo Woods to Irving to discuss the season.

How has the attention on Lane Kiffin affected their preparation?

Azeez: "Obviously you focus on yourself, make sure you doing what you've got to do so you don't make your coach look bad. At the same time it helps the team - bringing all those people around the program, the fan base, it will be more people at the game. You want that to build up. It's fine with me if everyone wants to hype us up and all that stuff it is better for us on a national scale. Whether trying to become an all-conference player, or getting on TV – more games will be televised because of things like that. It can really help the team."

Antonyo: "Similar to what Azeez said. It's good for our players personally, especially because now we get exposure that we never really had. If you have a great season now, we actually get looked at not not just be overlooked."

How has the culture changed?

Azeez: "We never really had a bad culture in the first place. The main thing we lacked was just Finish. We didn't have that finish. That's what he's [Kiffin] brought to the table will Wilson Love our strength coach. He's helped us so much getting stronger, bigger, faster and more mentally tough. Those are the things that are going to get us over the hump and win a lot of these games."

What is going to be the main difference from last year?

Azeez: "That finish I was telling you about."

Antonyo: "What he said, yeah that finish. Last year we started a bunch of games really good but we didn't finish well. And that's what cost us. This year you are going to see a different team, you are going to see a different mentality, a different attitude from us. It's going to shock the world. I can't wait for the world to see what we have – what we truly have."

Azeez: "It's everything. Finishing tackles, finishing the blocks, finishing the game. Fourth quarter if you watch, and if you really break down the film it was the small things that late – in the fourth, the third, key drives when we needed to make a play and we didn't."
Back to the top
Control functions: