Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tabbed 5th in 2017 C-USA Football Media Poll

Is that something new? 

Back to the top

teambeer said

Since we're talking about this…does anyone get the feeling there is more of a negative slant over there? I don't know if he's been pushed out a bit more with the current administration or what, but there is more of an edge to the reporting now IMO, at least it doesn't feel like they want Kiffen to be successful. I mean, I don't require a fanboy outlet but it feels a little like sour grapes at times.
Posted On: Jul 19th 2017, 8:08 AM #369460

That's just Chuck's style he is very negative and tends to bite the hand that feeds him.

For example why run the Jarred Ward story? We are talking about a team saying you are going to have to fight for you scholarship to the teams 7th or 8th LB. That story could have easily been picked up by some national site that could blown that into Lane is cutting walk on players. When really this goes on at many other schools.

Even in yesterday's story Joey Palmer not qualifying could be "devastating" Yea a JUCO who has never played that would have to win a job over 8 others who have started a game here is going to kill the season?  
Back to the top

teambeer said

Since we're talking about this…does anyone get the feeling there is more of a negative slant over there? I don't know if he's been pushed out a bit more with the current administration or what, but there is more of an edge to the reporting now IMO, at least it doesn't feel like they want Kiffen to be successful. I mean, I don't require a fanboy outlet but it feels a little like sour grapes at times.

I think his perspective is that Lane is a rental HC.  He believes he is here to use us for a year and then move on.  I think he is writing with that angle in mind.

That being said, when you follow a program that is 9 of their last 36 things always seem to have a "negative slant".

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

it's the TMZ for FAU football now
Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

I think his perspective is that Lane is a rental HC.  He believes he is here to use us for a year and then move on.  I think he is writing with that angle in mind.

That being said, when you follow a program that is 9 of their last 36 things always seem to have a "negative slant".
Posted On: Jul 19th 2017, 11:59 AM #369466

If Lane walks after 1 year that means two good things for FAU 1. We had a really good season because it would take 8,9,10 wins for another school to take Lane. Also he has 2.5 million dollar buy out after year one. So yea if you told me we will win 9 games and profit about 1 million after paying Lane and the assistants I will take that.
Back to the top

Sorry for playing dumb OC, but another site has reported that FAU has another JUCO OL transfer that is already taking classes. This is great news for  a position that I am concerned about. States he will be playing Guard. Goes  by the nick name Hala. Can't spell  or pronounce his last name.
Back to the top

Nice get Coaches 6"4" 330 - NICE! And I am still wondering (and hoping) for a surprise or 2 with the fall arrivals. he mentions Grad Transfers help (talent) arriving as well. THAT could be huge too! These Coaches ARE NOT FOOLING AROUND!
Back to the top

William “Hala” Tuihalamaka…

Local Owl said

Sorry for playing dumb OC, but another site has reported that FAU has another JUCO OL transfer that is already taking classes. This is great news for  a position that I am concerned about. States he will be playing Guard. Goes  by the nick name Hala. Can't spell  or pronounce his last name.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2017, 4:28 PM #369527

William “Hala” Tuihalamaka…

Actually, he was the reporter when he announced his commitment via twitter June 19th.

So all is well…

:Smug:

Back to the top

I thought you would be on it Rick. I'm the one that missed it.
Back to the top
Control functions: