Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

I'm going to be in my seat watching FAU.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

NJOWL said

Game against Bethune on 9/16 is currently slated for 8 pm… the same time as the Miami-FSU game. Attendance will undoubtedly be affected by that. I wonder if FAU will actually look into changing the time. I understand the game is on Bein as far as a telecast goes, but would they really care if the game got moved up?

Posted On: Jul 27th 2017, 3:13 PM #369594
I get what you are saying like in the future I would be mad if FAU was aware of this game, but we should make do drastic changes. Anyone who skips to watch that game isn't an OWL fan an I don't care.
Posted On: Jul 27th 2017, 3:54 PM #369599

If attendance were to be comprised solely of Owl fans of our caliber, then there would be less than 1000 bottoms in the seats.

Getting fans in the stadium is not a test of fandom. We are in no position to be saying "if you aren't an owl fan then get out."

On the contrary, FAU should be doing everything possible to get as many fans in the stadium as possible. If changing the game time so we do not have to compete with other games that we know people are going to want to watch is necessary, then that is what FAU should do.

In short, if the game can be played at 3 pm, then I cannot fathom why FAU would not want to change it. We all know many FAU students/fans will skip our game to watch Miami-FSU. So why not be smart and change the time?

Addendum: this is all assuming Bein sports is ok with changing the time, which remains to be seen.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Scheduling is tough enough without worrying about other teams schedules.  If you don't want to go to a live FAU game and watch a game on a couch, so be it.  Also "Roll Owls" is a silly expression.

Back to the top

Can't please everyone said

Scheduling is tough enough without worrying about other teams schedules.  If you don't want to go to a live FAU game and watch a game on a couch, so be it.  Also "Roll Owls" is a silly expression.

Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 2:51 PM #369614

I have not missed a game in years.

In response to "Can't please everyone": why not try to please someone? Why would we not want to move the game? I just want as many people in the stadium as possible; moving the game is likely the best way to do that. To be as ignorant to say "if you want to watch on a game then so be it" is as ignorant as saying "if you are not a die hard Owl fan then we do not want you in our stadium." We are in no position to be saying that and need as many fans as possible.

But hey, if you want to disparage and discourage the average fan by saying we do not need them and the diehard fans by saying they have silly sayings, then I suppose you have every right to do so.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

This isn't as cut and dry as if you don't go your not a real fan, that's plain stupid and childish.  Many Owl fans grew up and/or attended Miami or FSU and are still fans even though they are also an Owl fan.  You can be both.  So the question is after the first two games are played do you watch FAU play a terrible team just to see the band or watch one of the biggest rivalries in college football.

At this point I plan on attending the game but that could change after the first two games depending on how FAU plays and how FSU plays.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

BTW that is coming from someone that has attended EVERY home game except for one since Slippery Rock so save your "you're not an Owl's fan".

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I just think you can't go changing times based on assumptions.  You need real data to make decisions like that. What someone may like, someone else will hate.  What someone hates, someone else will like.  

So if someone is making a decision based on their own likes and dislikes, we need someone else to make that decision.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Can't please everyone said

Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 2:51 PM #369614
I have not missed a game in years. In response to "Can't please everyone": why not try to please someone? Why would we not want to move the game? I just want as many people in the stadium as possible; moving the game is likely the best way to do that. To be as ignorant to say "if you want to watch on a game then so be it" is as ignorant as saying "if you are not a die hard Owl fan then we do not want you in our stadium." We are in no position to be saying that and need as many fans as possible. But hey, if you want to disparage and discourage the average fan by saying we do not need them and the diehard fans by saying they have silly sayings, then I suppose you have every right to do so.
Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 3:09 PM #369615
Give people a reason by winning.  There will always be a game on tv people will want to watch.  Don't be so sensitive, who said anything about only diehards allowed?  Crazy.  If they move it to noon, we bAtch, if we move it to 8pm, we bAtch.  Just play the game and have an interesting product.  We will get our fair share of fans.  If we get drilled the first two weeks it won't matter what time the game is.  Who knew you can't type a word that rhymes with witch on here!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I just think you can't go changing times based on assumptions.  You need real data to make decisions like that. What someone may like, someone else will hate.  What someone hates, someone else will like.  

So if someone is making a decision based on their own likes and dislikes, we need someone else to make that decision.
Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 3:20 PM #369619

Stop with the logic Mark, this board is for emotional outbursts not well thought out discussions.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

fauowl said

Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 3:20 PM #369619

Stop with the logic Mark, this board is for emotional outbursts not well thought out discussions.
Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 3:26 PM #369621

My apologies. Carry on.  :Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: