Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

Our friend Frank Forte with some post practice commentary from today…

Back to the top

Very short but decent! Thanks for posting guys - KEEP 'EM COMING ALL YEAR!
Back to the top

The Owls completed the first of 29 scheduled practices today, here are some notables from Head Coach Lane Kiffin:

“The first day of practice. Unfortunately, what happens a lot of times guys are so excited that they expend so much mental energy early on that they wear down. We saw a lot of guys wear down and did not practice very well toward the end of practice. Obviously, we have a lot of work to do with our guys. A little disappointed that way. I thought – we expected that in the spring, but after summer conditioning program, I thought we would be better. It is what it is and we will go back to work.”

Being the first day of practice, do you have to go back and hit the reset button and the standard that you want?

“It definitely is. You have to really think like spring didn’t exist because we have so many new players that were not here, whether that is new guys coming in or guys that were injured. We treated it like we hadn’t done anything before, the way we (coaching staff) were approaching it in our mindset – explain everything, challenge the guys and there is a little bit more to the fall than the spring, obviously.”
Back to the top

Thanks, Owl fans..that video was done for twitter, thus shorter..check FAUSports.com for more in-depth stuff.
Back to the top

Frank Forte said

Thanks, Owl fans..that video was done for twitter, thus shorter..check FAUSports.com for more in-depth stuff.
Posted On: Jul 27th 2017, 7:47 PM #369605

Thanks, keep them coming.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

So FAU has updated the roster on their website and I noticed a few guys who were added that were interesting but the one that really got me was Jeremiah Taleni. He was heading into his RS Senior season at Pitt and played in their spring game from what I read was being looked to for leadership for them. He was kicked off the team for violation of team rules but it seems so interesting to me. For starters, charlie partridge would have been his position coach and he apparently was to be the up and comer DT this year. My biggest question is how would he be able to play here? He got kicked off as a RS senior so how can he transfer to a different school without his eligibility running out when he has to wait a year to play? OR would he count as a grad transfer or something? 
Back to the top

ill sign up some day said

So FAU has updated the roster on their website and I noticed a few guys who were added that were interesting but the one that really got me was Jeremiah Taleni. He was heading into his RS Senior season at Pitt and played in their spring game from what I read was being looked to for leadership for them. He was kicked off the team for violation of team rules but it seems so interesting to me. For starters, charlie partridge would have been his position coach and he apparently was to be the up and comer DT this year. My biggest question is how would he be able to play here? He got kicked off as a RS senior so how can he transfer to a different school without his eligibility running out when he has to wait a year to play? OR would he count as a grad transfer or something? 
Posted On: Jul 28th 2017, 12:07 AM #369607

Without knowing any of the facts myself, it sounds like a grad transfer.
Back to the top

The Owlscompleted day two of their 29-day preseason camp on Friday.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin 

“I think we will be different a week from now than we were yesterday. I thought guys came out with a better mindset today, which I think is normal sometimes because of first day nerves and being anxious. It is a good lesion for our guys to learn as we talk about, as we get closer to games conserving energy, focusing on the game not on other things. I thought guys were calmer today. (They) came out and did a better job. Defense got after the ball better. We struggled a little bit at the end, but we did do better today.”
Back to the top

Only a matter of time before kiffin names de'andre the starter

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

I think the D is gonna be SO much better this year, 3 more wins just there!
Back to the top