Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Navy Opening Line: THREE Touchdowns

teambeer said

Ha ha, I could be the best coordinator in the world but if I rolled you out there to play DE Dusky we'd be screwed. 

Our personnel is the problem, particularly DL and LB. thankfully it seems as the Kiffen boys went shopping and we have some help but defending a trip option without the bodies won't be easy
Posted On: Jul 29th 2017, 9:38 PM #369675

You are going to see a very different line up come opening day and most of the collapses that occurred were due to pathetic 2nd half coaching, absolutely zero adjustments.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Oh c'mon. there were PLENTY of 2nd half adjustments - BY THEM!!!!! :Laughing:

Hope Coach ROC loves Buffalo come January. My family originally from Western Penn near Lake Erie - BUFFALO NASTY IN WINTER! And actually Pittsburgh not great either, ha ha
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

Ha ha, I could be the best coordinator in the world but if I rolled you out there to play DE Dusky we'd be screwed. 

Our personnel is the problem, particularly DL and LB. thankfully it seems as the Kiffen boys went shopping and we have some help but defending a trip option without the bodies won't be easy
You are going to see a very different line up come opening day and most of the collapses that occurred were due to pathetic 2nd half coaching, absolutely zero adjustments.
Posted On: Jul 30th 2017, 9:24 AM #369680
I hope so.

Here is my issue with that statement however.  You DO NOT lose games by 50+ points to opponents like WKU and MTSU due to lack of 2nd half adjustments.

You lose in that fashion by in large because…you dont have the talent to compete on the field.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

I hope so.

Here is my issue with that statement however.  You DO NOT lose games by 50+ points to opponents like WKU and MTSU due to lack of 2nd half adjustments.

You lose in that fashion by in large because…you dont have the talent to compete on the field.  
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2017, 12:07 AM #369719
We didn't lose to Middle by 50, but we did to KS

The personnel on the field will not resemble last year and the vast majority of the issues in the second half was coaching.  In many of the games if you look at the 1st half versus 2nd halfs they are completely different games due to terrible coaching.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

I hope so.

We didn't lose to Middle by 50, check the scores.

The personnel on the field will not resemble last year and the vast majority of the issues in the second half WAS coaching.  If you look at the 1st half versus 2nd halfs they are completely different games due to terrible coaching.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2017, 7:36 AM #369720

Patridge was an awful HC. We all know that. Thinking this team can improve by 3-4 wins may be a stretch for some but look at all the close losses we had under Partridge. We had the talent to be a bowl bound team every yr but mental mistakes prevented this team from going any further.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

I hope so.

We didn't lose to Middle by 50, but we did to KS

The personnel on the field will not resemble last year and the vast majority of the issues in the second half was coaching.  In many of the games if you look at the 1st half versus 2nd halfs they are completely different games due to terrible coaching.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2017, 7:36 AM #369720

That MTSU game was one of the worst beatings we have ever taken…dont care what the point difference actually was.  

Looking at games like KSU, WKU, MTSU, etc.  We took an old fashion ace whooping right out of the gate.  2nd half adjustments had nothing to do with our inability to compete.

The only group of players we had on the same talent level was our runningbacks.  That's it.  We were outclassed in every other position group.

I hope some of these players Kiffen is bringing in hit.  But I'm tellling you, there are going to be some glaring talent gaps on this roster in certain position groups.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The good news is a quick AGGRESSIVE D line that disrupts plays IN THE BACKFIELD will help and I think we will b e that type. Ya don't need huge DL who can't keep up. Word is the new JUCO DE's ARE quick!

Navy does not have a Big OL, nevet-r has due to service restrictions or requirements. It will n[-be a o=interestoiing match-up and if we can force a few turnovers (triple option DOES do that too!) and kepep em in the low 30's we can win.

I know, a bunch of if's!  :Smug:
Posted On: Jul 30th 2017, 9:24 AM #369679

Considering the fact that FAU may be adding a transfer from Pitt and another JUCO formerly from FSU who is 5-Star ranked, the defense should be quite interesting…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Even Monty can't turn around a defense this bad so quickly….yes, our D has talent and they were badly coached….but were not going to become a top 50 D in one season…..maybe by seasons end we'll be solid against some CUSA teams, but I see lots of shootouts this year…..and if our offense is pretty decent, then that means the D will be out on the field longer……

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Even Monty can't turn around a defense this bad so quickly….yes, our D has talent and they were badly coached….but were not going to become a top 50 D in one season…..maybe by seasons end we'll be solid against some CUSA teams, but I see lots of shootouts this year…..and if our offense is pretty decent, then that means the D will be out on the field longer……
Posted On: Aug 8th 2017, 9:50 AM #369791

Our D will not even look the same this year. People forgot just how young we were last year. We started 1 impactful senior and 1 other JR.
The combination of JUCO, growth and better coach will make 180 difference.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

Posted On: Aug 8th 2017, 9:50 AM #369791

Our D will not even look the same this year. People forgot just how young we were last year. We started 1 impactful senior and 1 other JR.
The combination of JUCO, growth and better coach will make 180 difference.

Posted On: Aug 8th 2017, 10:19 AM #369792
We only have one way to go as far as defensive performance…..that's up….we were terrible…..and we've been terrible on D for a good while now…

If you're saying we're going to go from a defense ranked in the 120s to one in the top 100….of course I see that….but that's still a very bad defense…..if you are saying that JUCOs, guys having one more year under their belt, and an off-season with this coaching staff will propel us to a top 50, I'm saying that won't happen….Navy and Wisc are going to shred our D….but I'm hoping we have offense to win a shootout with Navy and maybe hang with Wisc….

……if our D can start putting up a fight against some of the better CUSA teams, then we'll be talking about real improvement…..being ranked 122 or 94 in total defense is essentially no difference

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: