Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: "Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence"

USMCOWL said

has anyone heard anything on the new center at all?
Posted On: Jul 12th 2017, 12:06 AM #369387

Here you go sir…FAU targeting early Fall:

FAU now targeting early fall for construction of Schmidt Complex - Sun Sentinel

Back to the top

thank you sir. very interesting article.
Back to the top

Ok so i know the center, practice facilities and other parts are phase 1. Phase two if my memory serves me is the indoor facility, Exercise, sports and nutrition program, and the museum are phase two, along with Baseball upgrades. But they are all part of the same fundraising effort if my memory is correct right? Reason I am asking I am wondering if the university and the athletic department are planning some kind of fundraising kick during the season to see if they invite others side the normal donors to try and commit to helping out.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Ok so i know the center, practice facilities and other parts are phase 1. Phase two if my memory serves me is the indoor facility, Exercise, sports and nutrition program, and the museum are phase two, along with Baseball upgrades. But they are all part of the same fundraising effort if my memory is correct right? Reason I am asking I am wondering if the university and the athletic department are planning some kind of fundraising kick during the season to see if they invite others side the normal donors to try and commit to helping out.

Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 10:20 AM #369569

Well I don't know if you have ever been up in the tower and been in the Presidents Suite, but its pretty big and pretty nice.  And believe it or not, its not there to watch football games.  Its there to invite people to who can possibly help the university via money or power.  So my guess is, yes they will be inviting potential donors to games this season.
Back to the top

Probably said

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 10:20 AM #369569

Well I don't know if you have ever been up in the tower and been in the Presidents Suite, but its pretty big and pretty nice.  And believe it or not, its not there to watch football games.  Its there to invite people to who can possibly help the university via money or power.  So my guess is, yes they will be inviting potential donors to games this season.
Posted On: Jul 26th 2017, 10:33 AM #369574

Ok thank you. I was curious about that.
Back to the top

on day like today, you know everyone on the team is wishing they had the IPF built already. Does anyone have a extra 30 mil laying around somewhere? lol  :Laughing:
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

on day like today, you know everyone on the team is wishing they had the IPF built already. Does anyone have a extra 30 mil laying around somewhere? lol  :Laughing:
Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 9:19 AM #369684

Seriously lol. They should just practice in the rain. As Schnelly used to say when there was lightning during practice, "If it's your time to go, it's your time to go."
Back to the top

LawOwl said

USMCOWL said

USMCOWL said

Seriously lol. They should just practice in the rain. As Schnelly used to say when there was lightning during practice, "If it's your time to go, it's your time to go."
Posted On: Jul 31st 2017, 9:53 AM #369686

Hahaha, I am not sure that would sound good in court there law owl.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

With the football season winding up, are we going to start seeing construction soon?
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

With the football season winding up, are we going to start seeing construction soon?
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 8:36 PM #374596

AD Chun said once the Boca Raton Bowl is complete they will get started a couple weeks after. 
Back to the top
Control functions: