Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris Robison 7th ranked qb from 2017 class is transferring here

Per Robison:

"I would like to say I will be transferring to Florida Atlantic University for the fall semester and to continue my education and football career," the freshman wrote in a Twitter post. "Lane Kiffin and Kendal Briles have given me a blessing and an opportunity to continue the path that I started many years ago. I know that these coaches will give me the best shot at accomplishing my dreams in life."
Back to the top

Pretty impressive HS highlights on Mr. Robison;

Chris Robison - Hudl

Welcome to FAU young man!
Back to the top

In my opinion, this is way bigger than John Franklin III. You guys would know better, but isn't the highest ranked qb to join the program?

What I like right now, is that even if the coaching staff doesn't stick around for long, the talent they've recruited will give the next coach plenty to work with, as long as the team doesn't transfer out.
Back to the top

Big get for Lane and KB.

Robinson won Elite 11 MVP at the Dallas and Houston regionals two years ago. Threw out at the Elite 11 Finals and finished 7th out of 12 (i know weird that they have 12 quarterbacks instead of 11) after the weekend according to 247Sports: "Robison took the back seat to Tua Tagovailoa, but when he got his opportunities, he was very solid. A dropped touchdown on Sunday's first game would have helped his stat line but by the weekend's end, he was the only quarterback that didn't throw a single interception."

He was battling for the No. 3 job at Oklahoma in what some considered one of the nation's top quarterback rooms.

Imo seems like a more than solid pickup. Lane (well maybe not Lane, but someone in the athletic department) will just need to keep him out of Club Boca and Whistle Stop.
Back to the top

And Franks is no longer on scholarship.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

And Franks is no longer on scholarship.
Posted On: Aug 15th 2017, 10:58 PM #369965

Not sure if this is a joke or not but… I was thinking about this very thing earlier, with all these guys coming in - as Kiffin calls it, "off the wire" - what is our scholarship situation?
Back to the top
Control functions: