Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Auburn QB/WR John Franklin to transfer to FAU

Jf3 is going to be a wr...

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

So when are the new guys expected to begin practice? Are are both eligible this year or only Franklin?

And what of JUCOS Lydon and Burriss?
Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 1:41 PM #369985

Edit Burris never made it different DB wearing 15 out there and Lydon didn't either. This what happen with JUCO's and why I am never a fan. We got lucky and found other transfers, but that makes from sighing day who never made it.   

I am guessing both guys will be here quickly since school starts on Saturday. I don't think Lyndon is coming.  

Posted On: Aug 16th 2017, 2:02 PM #369986

I'm a fan of JUCOs in certain circumstances, and I think this is one. Kiffin doesn't have a four years to put together a winning program, he's got a year or two to show he can turn the program around. He's also not just bringing in JUCOs like Pelini did, he brought in the best CUSA signing class this year, and brought in a freshman transfer from Oklahoma. So he's not only trying to win today, but also building for the future of the program. I would expect him to focus on fewer JUCOs as his recruits get older, and he can start redshirting the freshman.
Back to the top

@David. Totally agree. Bring in some extra JUCO talent to boost the skill level now. Then start a better recruiting cycle for the future. Sound easy.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@David. Totally agree. Bring in some extra JUCO talent to boost the skill level now. Then start a better recruiting cycle for the future. Sound easy.
Posted On: Aug 17th 2017, 5:50 AM #370002

Sounds easy…… It doesn't seem like what this staff is doing though. We have one commit right now and have done very little real recruiting of 2018 kids this summer. From what I am hearing is that we will not have many scholarships to offer and we are holding to watch senior film and use them wisely. That sounds fine and dandy until most high level 3 star kids are done by November of this year and we are checking big program to see who is getting kicked out of the program.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 17th 2017, 5:50 AM #370002

Sounds easy…… It doesn't seem like what this staff is doing though. We have one commit right now and have done very little real recruiting of 2018 kids this summer. From what I am hearing is that we will not have many scholarships to offer and we are holding to watch senior film and use them wisely. That sounds fine and dandy until most high level 3 star kids are done by November of this year and we are checking big program to see who is getting kicked out of the program.
Posted On: Aug 17th 2017, 9:08 AM #370003

No that's a valid concern. One thing to consider, although I don't think it makes a huge impact, is the early signing period. I think most P5 schools, especially the top 25 ones will have their classes pretty much set by that period, then the normal NSD will be a lot of lower-tier P5 programs, and then all the small conferences. Again, not really an excuse for not recruiting, but I think we'll see a lot of smaller programs start to wait until after that period to start making a lot of offers.
Back to the top

Said it since the second he was hired and will say it again.

You will know how committed Lane Kiffin is to FAU by how much time/energy he invests in recruiting high school kids.

His actions are speaking loudly. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

But at the same time CP was fired because he didn't win well enough or fast enough, and he only recruited HS guys. Granted he couldn't coach his way out of paper bag, but we clearly should have bolstered our weaknesses with JUCOs, while also bringing in good HS players.
Back to the top

Now I will say this in defense I know before the dead period started they had quite a few high school kids visiting and Laden our new player personal guy is working his butt off and brought some great name in.  
Back to the top

Kiffin has to show that he can recruit, or else bigger schools won't be inclined to hire him. He has to run FAU as if it's USC, Tennessee, or Bama - I don't think big schools will take a chance on a guy who brings in a ton of transfers, wins 7 games, then starts listening to interviews. Because what happens then? He goes to a P5, has a good season or two, then tries the NFL again. He's got to demonstrate that he can stay in one place longer than a year or two.
Back to the top

Besides, we open against Navy in two weeks, so I'd hope he's focusing on getting the best possible team on the field.
Back to the top
Control functions: