Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Fall Camp

A few insights from practice yesterday: Daniel Parr looks like he's going to be a legit QB. Maybe not this season, but damn, has the best arm of the lot from what I saw yesterday and he fits the bill from a size perspective. He's hanging tough with the other two and he didn't get spring, think about that. I want DeAndre to be good (I'm still waiting for Melvin german to save us!) and I think we'll see what the legs can do when we are in a game but I wasn't overly impressed. Driskell was solid but still did Driskell things.

Franklin looked ok for his first day, saw some drops which is what I heard was his issue at Allbarn, but he's fast. Pico Harrison is a man out there now, he looks bigger than last season. 
Expect to see Bussey used a TON this year, felt like every throw in 7-7s went to him.

Our RBs are stupid good, Buddy reminds me of what happened to Doug Parker between his jr and sr seasons. Credit to the psychopath (that's a good thing) that is our strength coach, these boys look fit. 
Kain daub is a big boy, he looks out of shape but can still play, will be cool to see if he commits himself and gets it back, he's nasty.
Bonner wasn't participating, just doing plyo with the strength guy on the sidelines. 

It's amazing how these guys can do this for weeks on end, it was brutally hot out there yesterday and they're running drills for damn near 3 hours, crazy.
Back to the top

Nice work with the old school Doug Parker reference.  One of my all time favorites!  It seems like every season we are waiting on Bussey.  Enough waiting, time to be a beast out there.
Back to the top

"Driskell doing Driskell things" is a very telling quote. Driskell is considered the most consistent qb out there because we know what we're getting with him. He has his moments but I'm still not totally sold on him being a starting caliber D1 qb. Parr still has some growing up to do but like you, I agree that he probably has the most raw arm talent out of all the qbs.  Deandre Johnson is starting to feel a lot like Melvin German 2.0
Back to the top

Is anyone on here a student who's going to be at the scrimmage today? I would have gone and done some coverage if I wasn't in Boca all this past week.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

De'andre is a gamer. Everyone will see vs navy. He will be your starter for the next 2-3 years. Count on it.

Ps who is melvin german?

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Nobody is rooting against DeAndre from what I've seen. We're just saying there hasn't been the kind of separation from Driskel and Parr that we expected given the hype coming in. If he plays well come game time, so be it. But he will be pushed on two sides this season from Driskel and Parr and then a third side next year with the kid from Oklahoma. All good talents, so winning out over all those will mean he's quite exceptional… and exceptional is what we need to get back on track and play in bowl games again.
Back to the top

14Era said

De'andre is a gamer. Everyone will see vs navy. He will be your starter for the next 2-3 years. Count on it.

Ps who is melvin german?

Posted On: Aug 19th 2017, 11:05 PM #370055

Man crush much?  Deandre may be the starter, but he hasn't been impressive in spring or fall.  He's admitted such.  We don't need hyperbole, we need results.  May the best man win, I don't care who it is as long as they move the chains and score tds, not fgs.
Back to the top

If you watched Last Chance U, you'll see that he is a gamer, but the transition from JUCO to D1 has definitely been rough for him. It just goes to show the difference that playing a year against other D1 schools and playing against JUCOs will do for you. I thought he'd be the starter for sure when he got here.
Back to the top

14Era said

Ps who is melvin german?

I sure hope you are right because Parr isn't ready to take over just yet and Driskell loves making Driskell type bone headed plays. Too many of which will not get us to a bowl. He and his big bro are so similar in that regard. So much potential and show flashes of brilliance but makes dumb plays only someone with the last name Driskell would make. Melvin German III was a JUCO qb from Pearl River CC who came in before the 2012 season. He was Carl Pelini's Deandre Johnson and was supposed to be the savior of the program. He started the 2012 spring game but that was it. Never played a down for us in the regular season at qb (though I think he played a handful of plays at WR) very disappointing the way that situation played out for us. Mark even made shirts saying "MGIII" so potentially the biggest bust in FAU history.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

14Era said

Ps who is melvin german?

I sure hope you are right because Parr isn't ready to take over just yet and Driskell loves making Driskell type bone headed plays. Too many of which will not get us to a bowl. He and his big bro are so similar in that regard. So much potential and show flashes of brilliance but makes dumb plays only someone with the last name Driskell would make. Melvin German III was a JUCO qb from Pearl River CC who came in before the 2012 season. He was Carl Pelini's Deandre Johnson and was supposed to be the savior of the program. He started the 2012 spring game but that was it. Never played a down for us in the regular season at qb (though I think he played a handful of plays at WR) very disappointing the way that situation played out for us. Mark even made shirts saying "MGIII" so potentially the biggest bust in FAU history.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2017, 9:08 AM #370060

If Parr is picked for the job. In Kiffin, and Briles eyes he earned it, and is ready. I really don’t think they care who starts. They are just gonna put the best player out there. I do have a feeling if parr or driskell is named the starter you will still see Johnson out there in different packages because of his athleticism. 
Back to the top